Chapter 33

It was probably around 1 AM or even later. Charlie didn't know. She was not even able to think straight in that moment. That beautiful moment.

Morpheus stroked her naked back as she laid on top of him, biting her lip from smiling. By now, Morpheus' breath was even again and very much controlled. As opposed to a few minutes ago, when the two finished their last heated moment.

Both were equally as exhausted now and even Morpheus' strokes mirrored his tiredness as the tips of his fingers lazily brushed over her upper spine. A yawn escaped him. It was quiet, yet Charlie felt it as his chest rose gently before falling back to its usual state.

"I tired you out." Charlie stated, her left hand stopping with the circle tracing on his chest.
"A little." Came Morpheus' smooth voice. As she gathered the last bit of her energy, Charlie leaned up from his chest and looked down at Morpheus. The light was still on, so she had a perfect view of the charming smile he put on for her. It made Charlie smile too.

"Can I ask you something?" Her question slightly worried Morpheus. But he nodded anyway.
"Was that your first time?" She didn't even need an answer. His red cheeks said enough. But Charlie still waited for him to open his mouth.
"I was hoping you couldn't tell." His voice sounded uncomfortable, which made Charlie worry now. Maybe she shouldn't have asked. But she was genuinely curious. How could someone look like him and never have had sex before? She could imagine any woman who knew what was good for her would go after him.

"Was it that bad?" Morpheus asked when Charlie didn't seem to respond to his previous statement. Charlie looked down at his deep frown and parted mouth. With a shake of her head, she bent her head down and pecked his lips.
"No. I was just curious." She answered him before pecking his lips again.
"I really enjoyed it." Another peck.

"You did?" Morpheus seemed a little relieved now, which in return relieved Charlie.
"Mhm." She laid her head back onto his chest, her hair right under his chin. With a chuckle, Morpheus started stroking her back again.

"I never thought I'd like it this much." He admitted, taking a deep breath a second later. Charlie had a feeling he didn't need her to reply. So instead, she closed her eyes and listened.
"I used to watch porn a lot when I was a teen. I haven't in a while now. Kind of gotten too busy with work. But if I knew-" He stopped abruptly, making Charlie bite on her lip again.

"You would've started a lot sooner?" She asked, trying to keep the conversation up. Morpheus cleared his throat, clearly uncomfortable.
"I suppose. I mean, maybe." His voice was still showing discomfort.
"You know it's okay to talk about it. I don't mind at all. It's rather interesting, really." Charlie admitted.
"I'm glad you find this entertaining." Morpheus rolled his eyes, shifting underneath her in order to pull the blankets over their cooled off bodies.

"I'm not laughing at you, Nathaniel." It was still weird for Charlie to call him by his legal name. Even though she did like that name far better, she was so used to "Morpheus". Silence followed her statement and judging by his chest movement, Morpheus was close to falling asleep.

"Do you want me to help you sleep tonight?" She heard Morpheus ask after almost falling asleep on her own.
"No." Charlie mumbled into his skin.
"No?" His breathing changed, which made her open her eyes and look up at his chin.

"I think I can do it on my own tonight." Charlie explained.
"I don't think that's how it works, Charlotte." Hearing him call her by her name gave her tingles all over again and she quietly shuddered.
"I just want to see if I can do it alone tonight. I have a good feeling about it." Charlie responded, determination shown through her voice.

"I don't want to wake up to you choking me again." Morpheus clarified, making her frown.
"I won't. Nathaniel, I know I can do it. Please just let me tonight." Her last sentence sounded more like a question to Morpheus, but he didn't comment on it. Her request was ridiculous and he should not even consider letting her fall asleep on her own. Too big was the risk of Charlotte not waking up again.

But how could he say no, when all he wanted to do was make her happy? Suddenly, all he thought about was ways to please Charlotte and keep that pretty face of hers smiling. Oh, he was in trouble.

"Fine." Came his thoughtfully chosen response, accompanied by a helpless sigh. Helpless, he was. For he could not imagine a scenario worse than causing Charlotte sadness.
"Thank you." Charlie whispered, her eyes already closing again after softly kissing Morpheus' neck. His heart jumped at that and he felt his member move slightly.

Another sigh escaped his lips when he closed his own eyes, determined to get a good night's sleep before they would start their journey to find the senate tomorrow.