Chapter 39

"Ouch!" Maura Bennett heard and immediately dropped her kitchen knife. She ran outside into her front yard and watched as her son looked back at her, sitting on the ground and rubbing his head.

"What happened?" She rushed to his side, checking the six year old for bruises.
"The bunny came back." He murmured in shame, knowing his mother had told him several times not to follow him into the woods across their little house.

"So you tried to climb over the fence and slipped? Again." Maura helped him up and placed her hands onto her hips. Nathaniel knew that stance.
"Sorry." He stopped rubbing the sore spot on his head and let it fall in shame. Maura watched and with a sigh, she crouched down.

"What is it with you and that bunny, my love?" She had never asked him that before. But now felt like a good time, since he had tried following that animal for the seventh time now, despite always somehow getting caught. Last time it was his grandma who luckily saw him from the window upstairs as he managed to actually climb over their fence.

"He's the same one from the game." Nathaniel responded.
"What game?" Maura asked confused.
"The one Chandler has. It's a bunny, a dog, a mouse and a cat." He shrugged. Maura shook her head, remembering the video game he was talking about.
"But he's not the exact same one from the game, hun. He's a real bunny and probably just looking for his family." She explained, making her son frown.

"But not here. You're my family." He glared at the woods now.
"Well, maybe his family is somewhere in the front yard and you keep scaring him. Just leave him alone, Nathaniel. If you want a bunny for yourself, you can tell me." His eyes widened at that.
"No, they're not supposed to be in a cage." He shook his head, almost offended by his mother's proposal.

"Okay. Come inside now, I think your head would enjoy a pack of frozen pees."

Morpheus awoke with a smile on his lips. But as soon as he realized that he wasn't in his hotel room with Charlotte, that smile faded.

"Easy there, young man. You are only hurting yourself. Master would kill me if I let that happen to you." Morpheus heard.

He turned his head to the side, looking away from the rope around his body and seeing an unfamiliar face. 
"Who are you?" Morpheus asked, his eyes roaming the room again. This had to be his father's doing. The room screamed of Hypnos with golden accents and a dark, but cozy atmosphere. Bookshelves, lamps, a table and a bed were set throughout the room.

"I am Alkran." Morpheus immediately knew this was an Are.
"And who is your master?" He knew the answer before he even asked, but he had to make sure. Because why would his father have him tied up in this room?

"Master Hypnos, your father." The Are nodded and entered the room with a mobile tray behind him. It carried sparkling water as well as sandwiches.
"He had ordered me to keep you fed and unharmed for the time being." The man, dressed like Darian explained. Morpheus frowned.

"You're an Are. Why can you talk?" The half Uvalion asked with confusion.
"Pardon me?" He looked just as confused.
"My father taught me that Ares cannot talk." Morpheus explained.
"Well, I assure you I can. Maybe your Are cannot talk and you are simply confused." The man shrugged as he undid Morpheus' ropes.

"My apologies for tying you up, Master had told me you could attack. But you must eat and stay hydrated." He took a step back and glanced down at Morpheus, who glared up, still confused and devastated about the current situation.
"I demand to see my father. Where is he?" He stood up, nearing the door.

"In New Habbershire, but you will see him soon when our contact arrives." The short Are explained.
"Who is your contact?" Morpheus asked, trying to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.
"You may eat now and-"