じゅう

Ten | School again.

(Part 1)

Luna stayed at the rooftop after having the talk with Jin. No matter what she tried to do, her mind always wandered back to what Jin was implying, and it troubled her immensely because she didn't have an answer.

Why am I so willing to be involved with someone whom I've barely known?

Why DID I join Border officially, I know it has something to do with Yuma, but what about him?

Looking over at the bridge connecting them to the city, Luna saw a couple of figures walking towards the building.

Osamu-san and Chika-chan... Are they here to continue to discuss the strategy?

Another thing Luna remembered was that she was practically absent from school for a whole year. It was really unlike her, but the thought of having her attendance being affected further bothered her a lot, even it if meant having to face her classmates at school.

"Talking about it to Jin-san might be tough though..."

On the way down to find immediately, Luna was called to the living room where everyone gathered. The crowd was summoned by Yuma who wanted to announce you-know-what and Luna was slightly concerned about how Yuma would word his announcement, especially after they never arrived at the conclusion as to whether he would talk about how he arrived to having his real body.

"Ne min'na [Hey everyone], there's something I wanna tell you."

"Hm? Nani, Yuma-kun?" Shiori asked.

Luna subconsciously held in her breath as she waited for the words to be spoken.

"I got my real body healed so this is my real body now." Yuma said with a duck face, making such an important statement seem light. However, the duck face does not negate the importance of the announcement, everybody was shocked except for Jin and Luna.

"H-how?!" Osamu asked, wearing an incredulous face, unable to process the announcement.

Shifting his attention to Luna for a split second which Luna noticed, he replied to Osamu with a mysterious answer, "Hmm... It's a secret."

Yuma's answer brought relief to Luna, who was grateful to Yuma. Although it was her wielding such power, it was not her place to decide whether she lets the people around her about her true identity.

Not forgetting to mouth a 'thank you', Luna then approaches Jin once again for the second time for yet another talk.

~

I really didn't see a need to hide about who restored my body, but I guess it was a good choice to not tell them seeing as how relieved she looked

Yuma was sitting in class, who surprisingly got to school earlier than he usually does. He was brought back to reality when Luna greeted him as she approached her table, "Morning Yuma."

It was only then she realized that she has finally returned to school. They hadn't talk about school or anything, so he thought that she wouldn't be returning to school any time soon since she probably needed to recuperate.

"Luna, isn't the year-end exam coming up? And, good morning." Yuma asked, as he had a sudden thought.

"What about it?" Luna asked in a completely calm tone.

"You missed almost a whole year worth of classes."

"Ah. I'll be fine."

Having another 20 minutes to talk, it didn't take long until the students started pouring in. And the moment they see Luna, especially the boys, everyone rushed to her, asking her all sorts of question.

"Luna-chan! How have you been?!"

"Luna-chan! We missed you!"

"Luna-chan! Long time no see!"

The crowd was so big, it was actually blocking Yuma's movements since he sat next to her. Yuma didn't really mind since he thought nothing much was happening and he thought it was reasonable for the others to be so excited.

Only until...

"Luna-channnnnnnnnnnn~"

I take it back, I DO mind. What is he thinking?

A guy lunged at Luna and she didn't have enough time to react with all the questions she was being bombarded with. Therefore Yuma got up from his chair and grabbed the person by his head. It was quite easy to catch the person since he was somehow flying in a horizontal line at Luna.

"[Classmate]-san, class is about to start, why don't you return to your seat?" Yuma said with gritted teeth, restraining himself from throwing the student out of the window.

"T-thanks."

"No problem, it would've been troublesome if you got hurt after being recovered right?"

For the first time in a long time, Yuma finally lied, and he didn't know why. Although he did know that lying would have been better than whatever the truth was.

~

Letting out a loud sigh, Luna thought about how she sort of regrets her choice on coming back to school.

Especially the person who launched himself at me, even if I detected him with my Side Effect, it was too late for me to react.

Although Yuma did look like he was about to throw the person out of the window. It's rare to see Yuma angry since he is always calm and collected.

"Luna-chan, what's wrong?" Chika asked as they continued eating lunch.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired from this morning, there were many people around me."

Yuma agreed in a matter-of-fact tone, "Yeah, the area around the desk was so crowded. If I turned to face you, I wouldn't face you, I would actually face someone's butt."

Luna noticed that Osamu has been quite quiet, so she asked, "Osamu-san, is everything alright? You keep staring at the door."

"Huh? N-no, everything's fine. I thought I saw someone there, maybe I'm just tired from all the researching."

Chika let out a chuckle at the response, and Yuma commented with his duck face, "You really shouldn't overwork yourself Osamu."

"Yeah..."

[End of chapter]

Word Count: 959

Written on: 14 November 2020

Part 2 will be up tomorrow!