ろく

Six | The birth of a guinea pig

Few months later.

Mikumo-tai has been spending their past few months, if not every day, working on themselves so that they win their Rank Wars in order to make their way up the ladder. The sooner they were able to move up to A-Rank, the sooner they could rescue Luna.

Border also managed to find out the reason why Aftkrator was invading Meeden through Enedora, the dead Neighbor. Enedora has his trion injected into a Rad and is therefore "revived". According to Enedora, Aftokrator is about to die. Planets in the Neighborhood survives on trion, without trion, the planet dies. Their usual routine would be to sacrifice someone with a large Trion capacity to become their 'God', which is also called the Mother Trigger, who will continue to supply trion until they run out of it. Upon the sacrifice, the person is practically dead.

Without question, Luna was definitely going to be the one who would be sacrificed. But knowing Hyrein, Enedora guessed that he would be using Luna as bait to lure the Border agents over, and kidnap more resources, all the better if Chika tagged along.

From what they have heard, Osamu and the rest of the group calculated that they have give or take eight months to raise their rank to number 2, the lowest qualifying squad for the Away Missions. They were only a few points away in order to raise their rank, and Yuma absolutely believes that they can qualify, they have to.

Yuma was alone, making his way towards the Rank Battle Hall when he realized that he got lost, once again. All of the hallway was designed to be the same, and it troubled Yuma quite a lot every single time he has to go somewhere. There were no signs to guide him, and he wasn't exactly familiar with the building either.

Looking around for some non-existent clues, a sudden voice asked him, "What's wrong? Are you lost?"

Yuma turned around to see a Border agent, whose name he did not know. Nonetheless, Yuma nodded casually, "Yes. The hallways all look the same to me, and there's no signs."

The agent laughed, and took him to where Yuma wanted to go. When they arrived at their destination, Yuma did what was right and thanked the agent politely, "I don't know who you are, but thank you very much for taking me here."

The helper looked at Yuma with a somewhat shocked expression and sounded slightly offended in a joking manner, "Oi oi, don't give me that. I'm your next opponent. My name is Kakizaki Kuniharu."

Ah, I think Osamu said our opponent's squad was Kakizaki-tai... so he's the leader.

"Sumimasen, Kakizaki-san. [Sorry, Kakizaki-san.] Nice to meet you, my name is Kuga Yuma."

"Oh? It's Kakizaki-kun." Another unfamiliar voice appeared yet again. Yuma looked at the direction where the voice originated from. It came from a lady who was currently wearing red heels with a purple cardigan and dark blue pants.

"I didn't know you were friends with Kuga-kun."

I should really go and take a look at the list of Border agents, or Luna would probably know who she is.

"Did you just finish work, Kako-san?" Kakizaki asked.

Taking note of what he assumed as her first name, Yuma stood there as they finished up their short conversation. The female agent then proceeded to provide Yuma her name, "Nice to meet you Kuga-kun, my name is Kako Nozomi."

Her next sentence, was however, unexpected on Yuma's part. After all, he just met her today.

"I'd like you to join our team."