にじゅう

Twenty | Valentine's.

"Luna-chan sa, what are you planning to do?" Miyoshi sat in front of Luna and asked as she read her textbook.

"What should I be planning for?" Luna asked in a confused tone as she continued reading.

Silence dawned upon the both of them in the classroom as Luna asked her question. At first sight, Miyoshi and Luna may seem like a rare combination since the male was quite talkative compared to the latter, who was a woman of few words when it came to everyone else except the people she knew at Tamakoma.

Luna got along with almost everyone in class, or rather, she was on neutral terms with almost everyone in class since she doesn't bother forming any bonds with her classmates. But the reason why Luna clicked with Miyoshi despite the amount of words he spoke was because he was someone she could relate to due to his passion and knowledge about Border. Luna didn't always talk during their conversations, but she would be paying attention to each and every word he said, and every so often, Miyoshi would receive a response from her.

"For Valentines of course. I totally thought you were going to give chocolates to Yuma."

If Luna was drinking water right now, she would have totally accidentally spat her water out due to her being surprised, but she wasn't drinking any water, so she was just left dumbfounded.

Having sat in the middle of the classroom, Luna couldn't get a nice view as she turned away from Miyoshi to hide her face for no particular reason. After regaining her composure, she placed the hand that was supporting her head down and faced Miyoshi, asking, "Why would I give Yuma chocolates?"

"Because... you like him? You were holding hands the other day."

Luna's lips curled downwards slightly when she heard his words. She didn't understand the reasoning, so she said, "We were simply in a rush to get to class. Besides that, holding hands with a person does not mean you like the person. I have no reason to give Yuma chocolates."

Luna honestly did not understand the importance of Valentine's Day. Being cooped up in Border ever since she woke up after being stranded, she didn't see the reason for her to find out either. In the end, she considered it as a waste of money, energy, and most of all, time.

Feeling the presence of another person, she turned around to see Yuma standing at the door, not moving. Luna has never really noticed it, but recently, whenever she sees Yuma, her lips would always curl up slightly. Everyone else sees it.

"Ohayo, Yuma."

The sight of Luna and Miyoshi talking reminded Yuma of the emotion he felt during the End-of-Year party, and he felt unsettled with this new emotion.

Jin-san called this jealousy.

But why would I be jealous?

"Mmm, ohayo Luna."

~

Before leaving, Yuma had told Luna to go ahead and head back to Tamakoma-shibu since he was going back home first. Luna didn't see that anything was wrong about it, but she did notice that Yuma has been acting differently. However, the difference was so slight that no one else might be able to pick it up.

Not up for walking, Luna went up to the rooftop with the intention to teleport back. As she activated her Trigger and was about to teleport away, her attention was diverted when she saw someone familiar standing at the front gate.