Chapter 11

Around lunch time was when I decided to find Jimin and apologize to him. Things went back to the way they had been for awhile, with both of us walking to our classes alone again, so I had only seen Jimin during classes when he was in his seat, working. I could tell the boy looked a little stressed and was clawing at his head, seemingly having trouble understanding what was being taught today. I could see that he was still upset and his eyes were still a little puffy from when he had been crying. I frowned, knowing I had been the cause.

Despite Jimin's obvious emotional stress right now, guys were still walking up to him and flirting with him, trying to hook up with him. Each time, he would only look up at them with wide eyes before he would reject them and ignore them if they didn't go away when he did. I frowned, thinking that he must have taken what Seokjin and Namjoon had said seriously. Was he actually gonna stop sleeping around and start looking for a boyfriend?

A part of me really liked that he was at least considering cleaning up his act and stopping sleeping around. But the other part hated it, because what if he found someone else? What if he decided that he didn't like me and stopped approaching me, stopped trying to be my friend, and overall gave up on me? Would I have to watch from the sidelines as some other guy held his hand, hugged him, cuddled with him, kissed him, or...loved him?

I frowned at the thought. No. That's not gonna happen. If push comes to shove, then...

I'll pursue Jimin myself.

With that thought in mind, I went to search for Jimin. I just hoped I didn't find him with some other guy.

Luckily, I didn't.

I found him eating lunch alone, nibbling on a sandwich in a dark empty classroom. He paused whenever he saw me come in, before he avoided my gaze. He didn't say anything as I slowly came in.

"Hey..." I said, as I approached him. I straddled the chair of the desk in front of him and gave him a small smile. "What are you doing in here all alone, princess?"

"...Eating."

I paused, not knowing what to make of his response. The bluntness of it surprised me. I almost frowned at him. Had our roles just reversed?

"I see that, but why are you doing it in an empty classroom with the lights off?"

"...I didn't want company."

I frowned, immediately recognizing that he was trying to tell me to leave indirectly. I sighed and grabbed his sandwich, putting it down on his little wrapper despite his complaints, and leaned over the desk to wrap my arms around him. I hugged him, much to his surprise and rubbed his back soothingly. "You looked like you had been crying when you came back to class, earlier. I'm sorry, princess. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Are you okay?"

He didn't respond right away. He just sat there, letting me hug him. After a few seconds though, he nodded slowly. "I'm okay." He mumbled quietly.

I smiled and let go of him, sitting back in my chair. "Do you forgive me, princess?"

He had a slight pout on his face as he stared down at his sandwich. "...No."

I frowned. "Why not?" I asked, and he looked up at me with a frown that was more cute than mean looking.

"You hurt my feelings. I'm not gonna forgive you!" He mumbled childishly. I rose an eyebrow at his behavior.

"I apologized..." I mumbled back, not sure what he expected me to do at this point. He crossed his arms and watched me with that cute little pout of his. I sighed and watched him for a little longer, before I remembered what Namjoon had said before. Both to Jimin and to me. I glanced at Jimin as I nervously played with my ear. "Want me to take you out after tomorrow? If you feel up to it. It can be like a second birthday for you and I'll pay for everything." I suggested, and I saw him light up with a little smile.

"Like...a date?" He asked, a small blush showing up on his face.

I blushed a bit too at his words. "I mean, you can consider it a date if you want to..."

"O-Okay! Th-Then take me on a date!" He grinned and giggled giddily, standing up awkwardly in his seat and hugging me, kissing my nose much to my surprise. I smiled at how happy and affectionate he was as he sat back down.

Maybe starting a relationship with him isn't so hopeless at all.

But if he's this happy about this, then--

What would he do if I made a move on him on his birthday?

Should I enlist Hoseok or Namjoon to help me woo him during the party?

Maybe--with a game of truth or dare?