Chapter 3

True to what he said, Jimin started to approach me at the end of every class we had together, and he would patiently wait for me to collect my things before he would enthusiastically lead me away to our next class. This had gone on for a little over a week now--and I still wasn't used to seeing the small boy prance up to me with his cute smile and wait for me to get done.

Admittedly, I did feel a bit closer to him now. I wasn't sure if I would call us friends or not since he did most of the talking while I just listened, but he seemed to think of me as some kind of outlet where he could just talk about random things to. Most of our conversations involved the weather, and what we hoped it would be like. I learned that Jimin liked sunny days, and didn't like rainy ones. He said he liked the sound of rain when he needed to sleep, but that it was also really gloomy and he didn't like the sadness associated with the rain. I interjected that I liked the atmosphere when it rains. It was soothing and nice, and I didn't find it gloomy. That instead, it was a good day to stay inside with someone special to you, and spend the day cuddling and watching movies or reading books.

He smiled whenever I told him that. He said that he would like to try it with someone one day, to see what it was like.

I almost offered.

But then I remembered that he didn't see me as anything more than a friend, if even that.

Once again, today, he came up to me with his usual smile, greeting me happily and waiting for me to collect my stuff after our first period together.

"So..." Jimin smiled at me as I slung my bag over my shoulder. I looked at him curiously, waiting for him to continue.

"So what?" I mumbled.

"So...my birthday is in two days. I'm having a party and I wanted to invite you."

I frowned. "A party?"

"Mhm! My parents okayed it and are letting us have alcohol, and they're going to be out so we don't have to be quiet! There will be a bunch of people there, but halfway through I'll probably grab my friends to go upstairs to play around and stuff."

A part of me didn't want to go because I hated parties.

But the other part really wanted to go and celebrate Jimin's birthday with him.

I gulped, before I mumbled, "Okay. When is it?"

"It starts at eight! I can text you my address. I mean--if you give me your number. We still haven't exchanged numbers yet. I was kind of hoping you would ask for mine, but..." He gave me a sheepish smile. "You never did, so..."

"O-Oh..." I averted my gaze. "Erm...I'll write it down for you."

"You can just put it into my phone! Hang on--" He pulled out his phone and handed it to me. I awkwardly put in my number, before I gave it back to him. I watched as he typed on his phone, and I jumped slightly whenever my phone loudly notified me that I had a message. I pulled out my phone.

Unknown: Thank you~♡😘

I blushed whenever I saw his text. I set his contact, before I slowly glanced at him. He smiled at me, before he grabbed my hand. "Let's go to our next class now, or we're gonna be late."

I nodded, and let him lead me to our next class. Whenever we got there, he let go of my hand and said bye, before he went to his seat. I watched him go, before I went to my own. Namjoon and Hoseok were both watching me with smirks from the corner where our seats were. Whenever class ended, the two held me up as I gather my things.

"You're gotten quite close to little Jiminie lately, haven't you?" Hoseok asked with a smirk. "Are you going to make a move on him soon? Maybe...at his party? He told me he was going to invite you..."

I frowned at him. "Of course not. We're just friends." I grumbled.

He rolled his eyes, and frowned back at me. "You're not just friends. Park Jimin does not have just friends."

"What do you mean by that?" I glared at him, wondering what he was implying. "Don't insult Jimin like that."

"I mean, he usually has an ulterior motive if he tries to befriend someone randomly. He did it to me, so he'll probably do it to you."

"What did he do to you?" I spat. "He wouldn't hurt a fly."

"He didn't hurt me. Rather, he tried to seduce me. Until he learned that I was with Jungkook and Taehyung. Then he backed off and became our normal friend. He did the same to Namjoon, until he learned that he is with Seokjin hyung. Didn't he?" He looked to Namjoon for confirmation, and Namjoon gave a slight nod.

"He's probably wanting in your pants, Yoongi. That's why he's trying to befriend you so suddenly. He probably thinks you're an easy target because you're so shy. He isn't a bad guy, but he will take advantage of you. Be careful around him."

I rolled my eyes. "You guys are full of it. He's an innocent angel."

"Who's an innocent angel?"

I looked up, and there he was. Jimin was smiling at us innocently, with a curious look in his eyes. I shook my head and stood up with my bag and books. "No one. Come on, Jimin." I said, taking his hand and leading him away from the two.

Whenever we were out of the classroom, I heard Jimin giggle. I turned my head to look at him. "Is something funny?" I asked awkwardly. He shook his head and stepped forward, intertwining his fingers in mine and smiling up at me.

"You've never taken the initiative to hold my hand before. It's usually me that holds yours. It just made me happy, is all. I feel a bit closer to you now. You seemed to have a bit of a wall up before, but now it feels like it's finally coming down a bit."

I blushed and lowered my head. "O-Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know I was making it seem that way..." I mumbled. "I enjoy talking to you, I swear..."

He giggled again, making me glance over at him. "Hyung, you're really cute when you're flustered." He said out of the blue, making my blush worse. He smiled whenever he saw that, and said, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you have a crush on me." He teased, and I gulped. I opened my mouth to speak, but he changed the subject. "By the way! I don't have dance practice after school, but I really want to go anyway. Do you wanna come with me? I would like to have a second opinion on my dancing..." He smiled at me, and I nodded slightly.

"I don't mind coming with you..."

"Cool! Can we meet in the practice room, then? I'm going to have to go somewhere real quick after our last class, so I won't be able to walk together with you. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's okay." I mumbled.

"Great!" He exclaimed. "I'll meet you there then!"