New Jobs

Archer had been in charge of the country for a month.  He was stressed, overwhelmed and just felt like he wasn't good enough.  He knew he had put too much on Fallon while he took over his father's duties in the country.

Fallon came in to his office with the babies.  She said, "We know you are busy, but we wanted to come see daddy.  You've been so busy lately.  We miss you."

Archer sighed and said, "I am so sorry.  I've left you to do so much on your own."

"No.  We are a family and we will do what we have to do.  You are doing an amazing job.  I just hate to see you so tired and overwhelmed.  Please let me help more.  Take some off of your plate."

"These two are more than enough for you to be worried about."

"I don't think so.  We are a team.  Whether it is running this place or running the country we are in it together.  Now listen to me mister.  I want you to wrap things up early here tonight.  I want us to have dinner together and the girls want daddy to help give them their baths.  We miss you.  I'm sure it can wait until tomorrow.  You need a bit of a rest."

He sighed. "You are right.  That sounds amazing.  I can't wait to spend the night with my three favorite girls."

"You need to spend some time with your sister, too.  She is having a hard time with everything.  As is your mom.  They have been coming to cuddle our girls, but I think they could really use some time with you, too.  I love you and how much you care for everyone you come in contact with, but you have to think about yourself as well."

"I know you are right.  I'm sorry."

"Stop it.  You have nothing to be sorry about.  Now, lets get things tied up here and head upstairs for a nice family dinner and some much needed down time."

"I love you.  I don't know what I would do without you."

"I love you, too."  Archer filed the last of things away for the night.  He took Winnie and walked with them up to their rooms.  It ended up being the most relaxed either of them had been in months.