Loss

Archer and Fallon ran into the palace together holding hands. They were met by Linley with the babies. Fallon pulled Archer in for a kiss and said, "I have the girls. You go check on everything. I'll come check on you as soon as the girls have been bathed and changed for the night. I love you."

Archer told her, "I'll help you."

"No. You are needed elsewhere right now. We will be fine. I love you. Go be with your family."

Archer gave her another kiss, "I love you, too."

Fallon asked Linley, "How were Winnie and Daisy? I know things had to have been hectic here. I'm so sorry we weren't here. Go be with Henry. I'll get the girls taken care of and I will be there soon."

Linley told her, "You have nothing to apologize for. The two of you needed a breather. I know there is a lot going on, but you can't control it all. Let me help you with the girls. Then we can go be with our guys together. It will make things quicker and from the looks of it, Archer really needs you."

"Thank you. How is everyone?"

"A mess as to be expected. Arie ran off to her room soon after it all happened. Henry is snapping at everyone and giving out orders left and right. I just don't know what to do for him. The Queen has hardly said a word. She has sat the the King's side and will not move."

"You just have to be there for him. This is huge. We'll figure out how to be there for them. It's just going to be tough. I need to change the girls and then I want to check on Arie before we go back to everyone."

"Go ahead and check on Arie. I'll change the girls. I want to get back to them all soon."

"Thank you for all the help."

"Of course. Auntie Linley loves her girls."

Fallon walked into Arie's room to find her curled up in a ball on her bed. Fallon asked, "Are you okay?"

Arie sniffled and told her, "No. I don't know what to do. Daddy doesn't deserve all this."

"I know it's hard, but it's all going to be okay. We are a family and we are going to figure this out together. I'm not only here for your brother. I'm here for you, too. I never had a little sister, but I always wanted one. I know we've been preoccupied with the babies. I promise to do better."

"You are their mom. They need you."

"Right now you all need me, too. Will you come with me? I want to go check on Arch, Henry and your mom. I know it's hard, but we will get through this."

"Okay. I'm so glad you are here." Fallon gave Arie a hug and they went to meet Linley to go be with the rest of the family.

Archer wrapped his arms around Fallon as soon as she got to him. He whispered in her ear, "Did the girls go down alright?"

"They will be fine. Don't worry about them right now. I'm on baby duty. You are right where you need to be."

"Thank you for getting Arie here. She would have hated herself if she hadn't been here for him."

"We're family remember? It's all going to be alright. I'm right here for you no matter what happens."

"Thanks, babe."

Douglas took one last gasping breath and he passed away with everyone at his side. Fallon quickly took Archer in her arms as the tears slowly fell down his cheeks. She kissed him, "I'm so sorry, baby. What can I do?"

"I'm just glad you are here."

"Don't push me away. I'll always be here for you. Go check on your brother."

"I'm worried about him."

"Me too, but we'll be there for him."

"Lets go see our girls. I hate that dad is gone, but we have two girls that are bright spots in this dark world."

"That they are. Let me go check on your mom and Arie. You take care of Henry. I think he is really worrying Linley, but she won't say it."

"He's never been good with his emotions. This is going to be tough."

"I'm going to call one of the babysitters in the morning."

"What? No. We weren't going to do this."

"Everyone here has their hands full. I want to be able to be there for all of you. I would call mom and get her a ride here, but Katie is due in a month and I don't want to risk her missing it."

"We'll all be fine. We don't have to call a sitter."

"No. I want to be able to be involved."

"You are the best. I love you. I don't deserve you."

"Stop it. I want to hold our girls. Go take care of Henry. I'll meet you in our room." The two of them shared a kiss and went to check on everyone else.

Archer found Henry huddled up in a ball in the hallway. Archer sat next to him and said, "I'm sorry. I know this is terrible, but we are going to be okay. It's going to take some getting used to, but mom and Arie need us. I love you, bro. You know to get your head out of your butt and don't mess things up with Linley. You know how you get when anything emotional happens. Don't let this ruin things with Linley. She loves you and wanted to be there for you. Do not push her away."

Henry sniffled and said, "I don't mean to push her away. You know how I am. I suck with emotions."

"I know, but you have to let it go. I know it's hard, but you are getting married.  If you want to keep that awesome girl you have, you have to let that guard down a little bit."

"Your right. Thanks, bro. Let's go see our girls."  The two of them shared a short hug and went to be with their family.