Morning Conversation

Fallon was in terrible pain.  She was taken into the delivery room.  Archer was at her side the whole time.  Once the babies were born Fallon pushed herself up in bed and said, "Can I see them?  I need to see my babies!"

Archer turned around and looked at her, "No.  You've served your purpose.  I will be taking the children.  They will be raised in the castle."

"But...  What about me?"

"You will be returning to America.  I don't need you."

"But I love you.  I want to see my babies!  I want to hold my babies!  I need my babies!"

"They are no longer attached to you, so they are no longer your babies.  What good were you?  You couldn't give me a son.  My mother hates you.  I should have listened to her all along.  You were nothing more than a distraction."

"But we are married!"

Archer laughed.  "That doesn't matter!  I'm a soon to be king.  I could make this look like it never happened.  Plus I found my true love."

"Who?"

At that point Linley came in the hospital room.  She looked down at the babies and said, "Archie, our babies are beautiful."

"You?!  You were supposed to be my best friend!"

Linley looked at her and said, "I love my king.  You are nothing."

Tears were streaming down her cheeks, "No!  You can't take my babies!  You can't have them!  No!  I need them!"

Archer woke up to Fallon tossing and turning.  She was mumbling and crying in her sleep.  He gently woke her up and said, "Babe.  Baby, wake up.  Fallon, wake up!"

Fallon woke up and pulled herself away from him.  She rubbed her stomach and the tears kept rolling.  Archer asked, "Fallon, what's wrong?  You have me worried.  You were crying and you scared me."

Fallon looked at him with big eyes and said, "You can't have my babies.  I won't let you take them from me.  I need them.  I don't know what I would do without them now."

Archer said, "Woah.  Where is this coming from?  The babies are fine.  You are fine.  We are going to go shopping this afternoon.  What happened, babe?"

Fallon started sobbing as she fell into his arms.  She said, "You told me you hate me.  That you didn't need me.  You just wanted the babies.  I couldn't even give you a son so I wasn't good for anything.  You love Linley and you were going to raise our babies with her.  You told me that your mother hates me.  Linley wanted nothing to do with me because she loved you.  I can't.  I can't do this."

Archer lifted her head to look him in the eye and said, "That was just a dream.  That is nowhere near the truth.  I can't imagine raising babies with anyone other than you.  I love you.  I love no one more than you.  Henry would have already killed me if there was anything going on with Linley.  My mother most definitely does not hate you.  I'm looking forward to the two of you getting to know each other better.  I'm sure you will be teaming up against me before we know it.  I'm sure that dream felt real, but it wasn't.  I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere.  I will be right by your side. I would never take our babies from you."

She sniffled.  "I'm sorry.  It just felt so real.  I had just had the babies and you didn't even let me hold them."

"You are going to be first one to hold our babies.  You will be the one that lets me hold them.  You hold the reins here.  I'm sorry that your dream scared you so badly.  I wish I could take it away."

"Arch, I'm so scared.  What if I am a terrible mother? What if I am an even worse princess?  What if the whole country hates me?"

"I don't care what anyone else things.  I love you.  I love our babies.  That is all that matters to me in this world.  You are going to be a fantastic mother, no matter what your thoughts tell you.  We are in this together.  We are going to be learning together.  I don't know the first thing about being a father.  I'm scared, too, but I know that is everything is going to be okay as long as we are in this together.  Yes, we are going to make mistakes, but even the most perfect parents do."

"Thank you.  I'm sorry that I woke you and I worried you."

"It's okay.  I just hope I made you feel better.  I don't want you to ever forget that.  I'm here if you ever need anything.  Please don't hesitate to let me know."

"Thank you.  I really am sorry that I woke you up.  I should not have."

"Stop it.  You can't help it.  I love you.  I want you to wake me any time you need me.  It doesn't matter the time of day or where we are.  I'll leave anything or anyone to be there for you."

"Even a meeting with all the diplomats?"

"Especially if I am in a meeting with all the diplomats.  Be thankful that you don't have to sit through those terrible meetings.  I'm always looking for a way out of those things."

Fallon laughed.  "You are awful, but I love you anyway."

"I love you, too.  Are you sure that you are up for a shopping trip today?  With the lack of sleep that you had I don't want you to over do it."

"No.  I've been looking forward to this.  I can't wait to start buying some things for Daisy and Winnie."

"Arabella said that she ordered something for the girls.  I've begged her to tell me what it is, but she wouldn't until you got here.  She wanted to give it to us both."

Fallon smiled.  "Your sister is the sweetest.  I'm sure she is going to be the best aunt.  Our babies will be very lucky to have her."

"I would have to agree.  She can be a handful sometimes, but she's always had a special place in my heart."

"I can see why."

"Are you ready to get up and get dressed?  We'll be going to shop soon."  The two of them got up and got dressed to prepare for the big day ahead of them.