Prince Comes To Visit

Fallon was antsy while she waited for Archer to arrive.  It had been two weeks since she had seen him and their baby had decided to pop.  Fallon was now wearing baggier clothes and doing everything she could to hide her growing baby bump.

Fallon, Barry and Linley were waiting for the private plane to arrive.  Linley told Fallon, "Your man isn't going to recognize you.  My little babe is starting to make themself known.  I can't wait until I can hold and spoil them."

"Am I that big?"

"Of course not.   You can just tell that you are pregnant now.  You are 16 weeks pregnant.  It was bound to happen."

"What if people start doing the math?"

"That does not matter.  What matters is that you, Archer and the little babe are happy and healthy.  What other people think does not matter.  Your little family is all that matters.  Just remember that."

Fallon looked up to see Archer and Henry running at them.  Fallon was swept into Archer's arms before she knew what was happening.  He swung her around and said, "There is my girl.  How are you feeling?  Do you need anything?"

Fallon chuckled, "Stop worrying about me.  I'm fine.  Just getting fat.  Your baby decided they are going to be harder to hide."

Archer put his hand on her stomach and said, "There's my baby.  I've been waiting for this.  I'm going to miss you kicking for the first time, but you and mommy will be with me soon.  I'm just so happy I can be here to find out what you are together.  Then you will be with me in England all the time."

Fallon put her hand on his and said, "It's October.  Just a month and a half more.  You are coming with me tomorrow to school to see the kids, right?  They have been asking.  I have a little girl that is so excited to meet a real life prince."

"Does she realize that she gets to be with a real life princess every day?"

"It isn't that way.  I may be a princess in England, but I am not a princess here."

"You, my dear, are a princess everywhere you go."

"I don't think so.  I love you.  I'm so glad you are here."

"I wouldn't miss this for anything in the world.  Let's get to the doctor.  I can't wait any longer.  I want to know what our baby is."

"Lets go then."

Fallon asked, "Henry, Linley, are you ready to go find out if it is a niece or a nephew that you are having?"

The four of them, along with Barry and Archer's new guard, Travis, were on their way to the doctor's office.

The doctor's office was deserted.  They were the only ones there. Fallon and Archer were both bouncing in their seats. Henry told them," If the two you don't calm down you are going to bounce that baby right out of there."

Both Fallon and Archer said, "I can't help it. I'm nervous." The small group laughed then Archer gave Fallon a kiss.

The nurse came out to get Fallon and Archer. When they got to the exam room their doctor was already waiting for them. Fallon told her, "We truly appreciate you squeezing us in this afternoon. It means so much to us. It also means a lot that you are keeping this situation to yourself."

She replied, "It is no problem at all. Are the two of you ready to find out the gender of your baby?"

Archer smiled, "Yes please. I have been waiting for this day for a long time."

The doctor put the cold gel on Fallon's stomach. She moved the wand around and found the baby. She pointed at the screen and said, "There are the two legs. Then there are the arms. Oh my."

Fallon asked worriedly, "Is something wrong with the baby?"

"No. I'm sorry to have worried you. You are actually having twins. The other baby was hiding at your last few ultrasounds. If you will see here that is the placenta that they are sharing. Your twins will be identical. Would you like to know the gender?" All Fallon and Archer could do was nod their heads as they waited for her to tell them what they were expecting.

The ride to Linley and Fallon's apartment was long and quiet. They hadn't said a word to Henry, Linley, Barry or Travis.

Archer finally broke the silence and said, "Fallon and I are going to take a little time to ourselves. We will be back soon. I think we could both use some fresh air."

Linley said, "Please tell me that you and the baby are okay. You are scaring me."

Fallon hugged her and told her, "We are fine. I'm sorry to have worried you. I'm just a little overwhelmed. I'll tell you all about it when we get back."