|||Drinny

Um... no.

What the actual fudge?

But in my opinion, Draco and Ginny are not compatible and make no sense at all. Draco would not date Ginny because she is a Weasley, the biggest blood traitor wizarding family and Malfoy is a pure-blood wizard proud of his blood purity. And Ginny has no attraction towards Draco and she is happy with Harry.

Some people like Tom Felton (understandably- he seems to be a sweet and charming young man, unlike his character) and like the idea of the Reformed Bad Boy (I'm not so fond of it myself, as too often that trope leads to real-life bad boys- mainly the ones who are rich, pretty and white like Draco- never having to face the consequences of their actions because He's Really Very Sorry, He Was Only Young And Careless, And He Has Such a Promising Future). Therefore, they ship Draco with pretty much everything.

Given that Ginny probably has permanent physical and/or emotional scars from Draco's snitching to the Carrows, and likely so do the friends who had her back that horrible year, and lost a brother and saw another brother's heart permanently split in two by the people Draco willingly allied with- I can't see it, myself.

Like with most Draco pairings, particularly when he is paired with someone he has canonically bullied or who, you know, would care that he was a jerk and pretty much ethically-challenged (nice way of saying he was a straight-up bigot), I think it would have to be very carefully maneuvered. Is it impossible? No. But I do lean towards that only working 1) if Draco has major AU-level change of heart/hard lessons learned much earlier on—which doesn't mean his personality has to change, just his ethics, or 2) if the story was set much, much later after the end of the war and he's done some major personal work.

It's weird, I think Draco-centered heteroseual ships tend to tread in an area that bothers me quite a bit in romantic literature and media—the questionable dude finding a girl who 'fixes' him. Like, the bad boy who is transformed by the love of a 'good woman'. When you start to really think about what this trope says, it's pretty gross. Women are not here to fix men. You can't 'fix' people. And you certainly can't change them. So to sell women this idea that the asshole who treats you like shit and maybe ethically sucks, well, if you love him enough, if you try hard enough, you can save him. Bullshit. He needs to get up off his ass and change himself. Because with this narrative, whose fault is it if the man isn't redeemed? If he reverts back? It seems to say that maybe the woman didn't love him enough, or give him enough chances. Just, no thanks.

I have a hard time seeing the Ginny from The Changeling ever being with Draco. He's too weak-willed for her. I think Ginny needs someone to challenge her, someone who's a little reckless to push her out of her need to always be in control. As for canon Gryffindor Ginny? Well, that would be interesting. They would drive each other insane as opposites. But there is that whole opposite attract thing. So it's possible. (But with the caveats above.) But only if you could come up with a good reason for Ginny not to just hex him to death on sight.

Honestly, to me and loads of other girls and guys... Draco's gay. He just is. yes, he married Astoria but that's probably because he was too scared to come out to his parents as being a homosexual. He didn't want to get disowned by his parents so what good would it be if he came out to them and he was stripped of all his Malfoy possessions etc.

I don't ship Drinny (Draco x Ginny). Like, at all. But I can't deny that, purely from an aesthetic perspective, the pairing is nice to look at. Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright are both exceedingly attractive, and look good together in photo-sets about the pairing. 

Rating: 1/10