|||Wolfstar (Remus Lupin x Sirius Black)

to the E 

to the S

Like a lot of people, I actually started shipping Sirius and Lupin by the time I finished Prisoner of Azkaban WAAAAYYYYY back when I was like, 13.

I think that I personally thought there was something there mostly because of the intrigue surrounding the characters and how they were introduced so mysteriously. And then by the end of the book the desire to see my new favourite two characters happy after all they've gone through just in this book!

I mean, what did we actually know about them?

We start out being given information that apparently Sirius was not only a murderer by the betrayer of the Potters.

And at the same time, we were introduced to Remus who all year has been hiding that not only was he a werewolf, which I personally assumed was going to be a red herring, but the only remanding Marauder, the only person besides Harry that must have been most affected by James' death and thus Sirius' betrayal.

So, now we have both these characters who in one of the most awesome, suspenseful, and plot-twisting moments in the whole series are in front of us, and at first, we thought there was going to be a confrontation; surly Lupin is going to cut Sirius down for killing off his friends right? But then he crosses the room and HUGS him!

It was in a brotherly way in canon of course, but for most readers who are in the height of suspense and confusion and don't know what the fuck is going on, it doesn't matter what type of hug it was, all it shows was that, oh my god, Lupin is on his side!

So now we're wondering how the heck that fits together: has he been helping him all year? And WHY?

So now we're figuring out by now that Sirius isn't the mass murderer everyone thought he was but actually a good person: by how Crookshanks protects him, the fact he is Harry's godfather, and Lupin establishing that they're friends now for a reason and that we all missed something.

And while the rest of the story plays out we now are given small tidbits of information, most importantly exactly how strong their friendship was when Sirius says that any of them would have died for each other, and even that it was Remus that the entire group was based on helping and all the risk they took as teenagers on his behalf which is touching.

So now we know that Sirius is actually an awesome ass character; someone who was framed wanting to avenge the Potters who he loved, and who suffered for twelve years of horrors for a crime he didn't commit, but still remained incredible as he offers Harry the one thing he wanted most in the world: A home away from the Dursleys.

And we also find out that Remus has been living a hand-to-mouth existence for just as long because of his condition but also still remained a caring nice guy, when he helped mentor and comfort Neville in classes, and Harry when he couldn't go to Hogsmeade and taught him how to fight dementors, and we see a connection of two men who have had society effectively set against them, and are unfairly in horrible situations, but don't deserve it.

So we get to the end when everyone parts ways and we're still reeling from the end of the book, and the injustice of Wormtail escaping that killed all our hopes and dreams of Sirius being cleared and Harry finally getting away from his abusive household, and wondering what will happen next to these characters.

They didn't deserve what happened to them so now that feeling turns into a desire to see the two characters happy.

And what's one way to achieve that?
By bringing them together!
(I meant platonically but...)

After all:
-Remus has been living all alone without his friends for years. And what is Sirius? His only remaining/returned friend. And what of Sirius who's been holed away in a cell? He must be STARVING for company!

-Sirius apparently has money (enough to buy a whole Firebolt).
And what does Remus have a desperate need of? Money.

-Sirius also needs a place to hideout. What could Remus provide? Assistance in hiding him and doing things that Sirius can't while he is on the run.

Such an arrangement would be mutually beneficial for both of them and could help repair some of the damage of what they've gone through till now.

So now people are kind of hoping that now that Sirius is free the two will team up together to better their chances of survival.

And with the idea that the two would be happy as a team, somehow that turns into maybe they would be happy as a couple too: after all, they are now in a position where they can support and comfort each other over their fallen comrade and Peters betrayal.

Wouldn't the two people most suited for providing for each other may also be a good basis for romance as well?

Of course, That would also depend on if you see them as possibly being open to such a relationship. At that point, we don't know their orientation, and while the default is straight unless said otherwise (which is fucking unfair!) for LGBT people we can't help NOT hoping there would be at least SOME LGBT characters in media sometimes, so for us and many others the characters don't HAVE to be straight. It hadn't been confirmed as canon yes so there was nothing stopping us from hoping they were gay for each other either.

So I think it was with this rationale that I ended up shipping them. And even after Sirius fucking DIED, ripping out my heart, and Tonks and Remus getting together which helped (which I also ship), and then Remus dying too because JK did want to see us happy, I couldn't help still being attached to the what could have been if the two had ended up getting together instead of staying apart, simply because for many of us They deserved better.

You're free to disagree, not like the ship, or Whatever other opinions, but Wolfstar is one of the oldest Harry Potter ships, and there are a large number of fans who like it so I would suggest being respectful even if it fills you with rage seeing them paired together or something.

If you don't like it, it might be best to not focus on it otherwise it starts eating at you (Like Dramione, Drinny, Druna, Huna, Snarry, and Snamione, shipping does for me). I promise that arguing over ships never goes well because NOBODY is rational when it comes to shipping.

There will always be fans who ship fanon couples. It's not wrong. Not everyone sees things the same way. Some fans would find certain characters more compatible with another character than their canon pairing. Or some fans might just like the idea of a fanon couple because they find their possible love story intriguing if they got together. Or sometimes they like a character but hate that character's pair and ergo ship the character they like with another character they like.

Sirius and Remus are opposite characters. Sirius is wild, impulsive, and kind of an ass to people he hates. Remus is quiet, considerate, and tries to get along with his enemies. That's how traditional married couples work. Add the fact that they are the closest people they have to each other plus a tragic past for both and there you go.

A few more reasons:

1. JKR ships it too. >:3

2. think about two people which are unsure about themselves, because they are different comforting each other and making each other feel like the most special person in the world

3. Sirius Black, the play-iest player of all times being bi/gay and falling for someone who folds his S O C K S

4. Remus Lupin realizing that he fell for someone (like actually someone, wow lupin get a hold of yourself), who is a boy. I mean a gay werewolf (surprise that he's not black and a woman) falling for the white sheep of the most ancient house of Black.

5. Remus being possessive of Sirius and letting the wolf out in the pre-moon phases, Sirius being turned on by it
-
EXTRA REASON:
-
gay equals yay

Rating: 10/10