Is this annoying? (Jason Block/Reader)

"Oh hey, come in, come in. Y/N honey, Jason is out the back in the pool, if you want to hang out with him. Here I'll show you, it's just outside the kitchen." Serena, Jason's mum, says as she welcomes my mum and me into her house.

It's quite large and bright, I can see a state-of-the-art sound system in their front room. It was pretty easy getting to the kitchen, I wave as I slide the back door open. As I close the door I rush to a chair where the adults can't see me not socializing. I see a boy, Jason, I presume, floating on the opposite end of the pool chatting on his phone. I shrug and check my phone.

I was deeply engrossed in this fanfiction I was reading when I hear a loud "Hey! Who are you? Why are you in my backyard? Did the girls send you over to mess with me?" As an angry teenage boy came stomping over to me, yelling.

I look up startled and put my hands up in surrender. "I.. uh.. my mum... is talking to your mum? I was sent out here." I stuttered scared. "Wait girls, what girls? You have sisters?" I ask really confused.

"What no, I was talking about my annoying neighbour and her stupid friends. Always annoying me and playing pranks on me." He says while throwing his hands in the air. "So what did you do to deserve them treating you like that?" I ask as I pick my phone back up.

"What makes you think I did anything?" He asks. "Well first of all you did just accuse me of breaking into your yard when I'm sure your mother would have told you I was coming over." He nods and sits on a chair across from me.

"Ok but you didn't let me know you were here, I mean I don't know how long you've been sitting there. You could have been a stalker." He pointed out. "Ah but if I was a stalker, wouldn't you think I would be hiding, like say behind that plant." I say and point to a small tree in a pot.

"Well if you were, I mean if you are a stalker you would know that a girl would be coming over with her mother today and that would be the perfect cover for you." He says and I sigh. "You didn't even know I was coming over. I can prove I'm not a stalker. I have an alibi and a witness inside. Two if you count your mother. Anyway the reason I didn't tell you I was here is that I didn't want a conversation"

"Well too bad. I'm Jason by the way." He puts his hand out for me to shake. "Yeah I know, I'm Y/N." I say and ignore his handshake. I relax back in my seat and start reading on my phone again.

"You know it's not very nice to ignore people and to be on your phone." He says. "Yeah, I know." I say still reading. "What are you reading?" He asks. "Nothing." He leans back in his chair and sighs.

"You don't get annoyed do you?" He asks. "I do, you just need to try harder!" I say. "You want me to annoy you?" He questions. "No, but I know it would annoy you if you can't annoy me." I say with a smirk.

"Hmmmmmmm. What about this?" He says while poking my face over and over again. I continue to read. "Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!" continuing to poke me. "Hmm?" I hum in response, not looking up from my phone.

"Is this annoying?" He asks. "Yes Jason, now leave the poor girl alone. I told you not to bother her." Serena says while poking her head through the sliding door. "Also lunch is ready so come on in both of you."

"Mum that girl is weird, she doesn't get annoyed and she just sat there watching me in the pool!" I heard Jason say quietly then Serena slapped him on the back of the head. I laughed but my mum glared at me so I stopped.

Maybe coming here when my mum has her tennis lessons will be fun, I mean if I meet the girl next door and her friends that is. And that means I don't always have to be with Jason, who is honestly maybe a little annoying, not that I'll ever let him know that.

"So Y/N, Jason didn't bother you too much?" Serena asks. "Oh, well I mean most of the time we didn't even talk. So no, he wasn't a bother." She nods and we start eating.

"It was lovely having you two over, see you both next week." Jason's face drops. "Oh and Y/N, I'll have a chat with Charlie, she lives next door, so you don't have to hang out with Jason by yourself again. I'm sure she'll be fine with showing you around your new neighbourhood." Serena says smiling and waving as she closes the door.

-‐-------------------‐----‐--

Hey guys, I just wanted to quickly write up a little story so people can actually read something. It's rushed and not edited or very good. But it's about the quality of what I write so don't expect anything much better.

I say rushed it took me like an hour and a half to write this. I had to do some research to find out his mum's name which (according to the website I found) is apparently Serena. I could watch the show and check but it's midnight and I'm not at my home, so I don't want to wake people.

I also went by memory for the layout and description of his house. Like I'm not sure if the kitchen leads to the backyard/pool area but I know it definitely does in Charlie's house and in a lot of houses in Australia (kitchen to backyard)

If you see any mistakes or problems, whether grammar, spelling or even something related to the show tell me and I'll try to fix them.

As always I am thankful for every one of you who reads this.

Bye - Drew X