Love sick (Starkey/Darius)

~POV Starkey~

"Shoot!" I say as I spill my baked beans on my singlet. I'm sitting at the table in the chess room eating my breakfast, across from Darius and k9, still in my PJ pants and singlet.

Darius looks up from whatever he was working on. "Good on ya." He says laughing before looking back down.

I get up and go to the laundry, I take my top off, spray it with stain remover and chuck it in the washer. I poke my head back into the chess room. "Any clothes to put in the washer?" I ask.

Darius just responds with a simple "No." without looking up. I quickly turn on the washer, I go to sit back down and finish off my breakfast.

Darius glances up, before returning to his work. He then looks back up and glares. "Could you go put a shirt on?" He asks.

"No, what if I spill again? I don't want to waste another shirt." I explain. "But what about modesty?" He asks.

"And? I mean only guys live here and Jorjie isn't gonna be here for another few hours." I point out.

"Yeah, well I don't want to have to look at your blinding pasty chest." He says. I just roll my eyes and say. "Well then don't look. Plus I'm not any pastier than you."

He shakes his head and goes back to fiddling. I returned to my eating. With some last few mouthfuls left I accidentally drop my fork, causing a bean to fly and land on my chest. "Damn, well at least I saved a shirt."

Darius looks up as I grab the bean off my chest and eat it. He quickly looks away and I quickly eat the rest of my food. "Alright, I'm gonna go shower." I say to nobody in particular and grab my plate to put in the sink. I leave to take my shower.

~POV Darius~

"Master Darius, do you feel alright? My sensors detect a raise in body temperature. I believe you may have a fever. Would you like me to ask Starkey to bring you some medication?" K9 states.

"Uh, I'm fine. It's not a fever. Just a human thing. It will calm down in a few minutes." I explain to him. He nods, although not satisfied with that answer and floats away.

I turn back to my work but slowly start to feel myself zone out. I imagine Starkey standing in front of me bare-chested, with fresh, soft bed hair. Starkey freshly out of the shower, water dripping from his hair, onto his chest, towel around his waist. I hum happily.

~POV Starkey~

I walk out of the bathroom, fully clothed. K9 floats in front of me.

"Master, I believe Darius has a fever. He has had a heightened body temperature this morning. It slowly rose after you washed your top and spiked just before you took a shower. He assures me this is just something humans do and it will end momentarily, but I'm not quite convinced. Please don't tell him I told you." He says sounding concerned, or at least as concerned as a robot dog can sound.

I think for a second before chuckling. "Alright K9, I'll check on him. I don't think it's a fever though. But I do know how to take care of it. Why don't you go find the professor? We'll need some privacy for a little bit while I check on him." I explain. K9 floats off.

I walk back into the chess room and notice Darius staring off into space, smiling like an idiot. "So, I hear you have a fever." I say quite loudly, scaring him. He blushes slightly, opening his mouth to say something.

"K9 told me. But it seems it's gotten worse. You're zoning out, that's another sign of a fever." I say with a smirk, trying to hide it. I walk over and put the back of my hand on his forehead, causing him to blush harder.