A summer glow (Charlie/Jason)

Synopsis: Jason comes back from a summer-long holiday (3 months as opposed to the summer school holiday of 6 weeks) and he's looking yummy. He's slightly tan, has some muscle definition, and got a haircut, just overall looking nicer. Charlie has noticed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Charlie, I was thinking maybe we could redecorate your room. I mean you definitely need to change these curtains. Oh, what about... purple? Still girly and pretty but more classy and grown up." Tayla says getting up from my bed and walking towards my window. She holds up a curtain, examining it before looking out the window and groaning.

"What is it?" I ask as I walk toward her. "He's back already." She says turning to me as I look out the window. I see Mr and Mrs Block get out of their car.

They walk to the back of the car and get their luggage before a boy gets out of the car. Tayla gasps. "I think they brought home the wrong guy." She jokes and I laugh.

The first thing I noticed is, that he's not a twig. Jason was wearing a tank top that showed off his small but defined arm muscles. Then I noticed how his sun-kissed skin helped draw my eyes to his arms.

I look at his new perfectly quaffed haircut. It looked good on him. He looks up at my window and smirks catching me staring.

I quickly turn away, blushing slightly. I go and sit down next to Tayla, who was reading a magazine. "So about your room, I was thinking maybe something like this." She points to pictures. I nod.

We discuss my room but ultimately decided on only changing a few small things. We hear a knock on my door.

"Charlie honey, the Blocks have invited us over for dinner tonight. So, sorry Tayla but you two gonna have to wrap whatever you're doing up. We're going over in an hour, be ready." My mum says peaking her head in the door.

"Sure thing, Mrs Anderson. We've finished here anyway. I'll help Charlie look nice and then I'll go." Tayla says smiling. My mum nods before closing the door.

"Why would I need to look nice? It's a last-minute dinner, not a wedding." I say. "True, but it's always good to look nice. Come on, let's find you something to wear." She says dragging me to my closet.

I sigh before she starts digging through my clothes. She holds things up to me, before hanging stuff back up.

After 45 minutes of me letting her dress me up, I'm finally dressed and accessorized. We went with a simple Pollo shirt and skirt combo with a charm necklace.

I walk Tayla out of my house before finding my parents finishing getting ready. I sit on the couch waiting before we walk out and over to our neighbours.

We knock on the door before Mrs Block answers. "Come on in." She says, welcoming us. "Oh, Charlie don't you look nice." I say a quick "Thanks!" as I walk in the door. "Jason is out the back, we'll call you two in when dinner's ready." I nod and walk out to the backyard.

I see Jason lounging by the pool, without a shirt on. I blush slightly before sitting on another chair by the pool. "So you're finally back." I say laying down on the chair.

Jason turns his head and lowers his sunglasses. He smirks before turning back. "I'm sure you couldn't wait for me to come back. Surely you missed seeing my beautiful face!" He says putting his hands behind his head.

"Honestly I enjoyed the peace and quiet. It was nice. When are you leaving again?" I ask joking. "Not anytime soon I'm afraid. You'll just have to see my mug every day again." He smiles at me.

"Right but are you talking about your old face or this new and improved tan one? Honestly, what happened while you were away? I mean you almost look like a normal person." I say. "Oh? And is that why you dressed up all so nicely? Just for me?" He says sitting up, taking off his sunglasses, and leaning towards me.