To be, not me (Felix/Ellen)

"Hey, Phoebe." I say as I walk into the arcane lane.

"Felix. What can I do for you today?" She asks looking up from her book for a second.

"Just trying to learn more about magic." I say looking around.

"Okay? Do you mean you're looking for some magic to mess around with? Because you really shouldn't.."

"Mess with magic, it could lead to disastrous consequences. I know, trust me I know." I say looking at her. "Don't you have, like something that can only do one thing? That can't be accidentally used wrong?" I ask.

"You'd still manage to use it wrong." She jokes.

"Ha, ha! You're a magic shop. Sell me some magic." I say sarcastically.

She sighs. "One spell talismans, in the corner." She says waving me away in that direction.

I walk over and look through the basket of cheaply made talismans in plastic bags. 'Attraction, nope. Speed, hmm maybe but I don't need to run that often. Height, don't need this.'

I rummage through to the bottom pulling out an old dust-covered talisman. 'Shape-shifting, perfect' I think grabbing it and walking over to the counter.

"So what did you grab?" She asks finally putting her book down. She looks at it and then up at me.

"Ah, well this is a strong spell, will probably work but you know, the talisman not so much. Blah blah blah, you got your warning, don't come crying back to me if it doesn't work. No refunds." She says ringing me up.

"Yeah, don't worry. I know how your store works." I roll my eyes.

"That's $5. Would you like a bag with that?" She says fakely.

"I'm all good." I respond, handing her the note and grabbing the talisman. I walk outside, to a restroom.

"Alright let's see how this works." I open it up and place it around my neck. Grabbing the piece of paper with the spell on it.

I close my eyes, thinking of what I want to look like, and begin to read. "I transform, I adapt. The power's mine, I can act. Brilliantly in every role, that is required to be whole."

I open my eyes and look in the mirror to see a young short haired, blond man in neat clothing, a white t-shirt, and black pants. I smile. I felt slightly shorter, not enough to cause problems but still noticeable.

I walk out and down the street. I turn a corner before bumping into someone. "Sorry!" I apologise, recognising my voice to be slightly deeper.

"Well, you should be." The person speaks. I look down to see Ellen, and I freeze. She doesn't seem to recognize me.

"Oh, if I'd had known you were a beautiful girl, I would have been I little more careful." I say trying to flirt.

"Are you trying to flirt with me?" She says crossing her arms.

I laugh slightly. "Uh, yeah sorry. Not really my forte." I look down and see a book in her hand. "Woah is that Derek Jupiter's new autobiography? That's not meant to be out yet."

"You?! Like Derek Jupiter? Doesn't really seem like your type of music." She says in disbelief.

"Oh, uh. Yeah, I do. But don't tell my friends." I joke.

She cracks a smile. "Ok, well I'm Ellen." She says giving me her hand to shake.

"Oh, I'm... Michael, but uh you could call me Mike." I say shaking her hand.

"Well, I've gotta go but here." She pulls out a sharpie from her pocket and ribs an empty page from her book. She writes her info on it. "Message me. We could meet up again."