Chapter Two

"Phone call!" The bellow echoed up the stairwell and Flint groaned as he rolled over in his bunk, rubbing at his face. That was not the wake up call he wanted after the week they had. "Lastoriolli, get your ass down here!" He gave another groan before lifting up his foot and shoving at the bunk above him.

"Lastor, get your ass out of bed and go answer your fucking booty call." He grimaced as he lifted his other foot and shoved harder, the dog tags on his chest rattling as he managed to tilt the bunk above him, sending the Salus vampire sleeping up there, rolling off.

The male hit the floor with a yelp. "What the fuck, Flint!" There was a heavy grumbling hiss and Flint waved off the pissed off vampire who had gotten to his feet.

"So help me god if I have to go up there this handset will be shoved up your ass, Lastoriolli!" At the bellow from Mick the vampire's grumbling hiss trailed off before he scoffed.

"I'm coming!" He threw a dark look at Flint and he shrugged in response.

"Next time wake up proper when you are called." He pushed himself to sitting, throwing his legs over the edge of the bunk as the vampire left the room, his feet thudding down the stairs. Flint counted down in his head and there were numerous grumbles in the room from across the hall.

"I swear to gods, Lastor!" The female voice came down the hall, accompanied by a bottle of water that had been thrown. It went end over end as it headed down the stairwell as if trying to seek out the vampire who was the reason most of the remaining unit was now up. Flint glanced at the alarm clock on his beside table and groaned heavily. It was four in the fucking afternoon and if that wasn't enough to make someone throttle the vampire, he wasn't sure what that would be.

"I'll kill him." He muttered it as he got to his feet, knowing the asshole would come thundering up the stairs in a few minutes and wake everyone up once more. There was no use trying to go back to sleep to endure that.

"You always threaten, Flint, and never actually do anything." At the deep and amused rumble that came from Darian's bunk, Flint shook his head as he headed for the shower room. He wasn't about to let anyone in his unit with know the exact reason he always stopped at threats. It was enough to get them all to call him a simpering grandmother and he would never hear the end of it. It was best if they didn't know he had secretly claimed them all as his familial pack, his clan. The lone wolf never survives so he had declared them his own when he had been recruited to the Order.

He moved to the showers and pulled off his briefs, slinging them into a laundry hamper. He turned on the shower and stepped underneath the spray with a groan. He rubbed his hands through his hair vigorously, trying to swipe all the sleep off of him and to wake himself up. He wanted to get his mind out of the instinct laden fog that had seemed to descend around him over the past year, it was getting harder and harder to do. Instincts pounded on him harshly and he didn't know what to do about it.

"If Lastor keeps getting his booty calls at this time, I will lock him in a Damascus steel coffin and toss him out on the lawn." At the hissing rumbling that came from the female who had just entered, Flint gave a grunt of acknowledgement.

"I'll help." He grabbed the soap and started to scrub his skin.

"It's too fucking early for that bullshit." She hissed again and Flint gave another grunt as he ran the bar of soap over his head, lathering up his hair. "I swear, why the fuck do we even buy shampoo?" At the snapped words Flint turned his head right as a bottle of shampoo was flung rather accurately at his face.

He caught it, losing his soap in the process. "For fuck's sake, Kenni!" A growl ripped from his chest and the vampire barred her fangs at him as his soap skittered across the tile floor.