Chapter Thirty

Two days later

"The WC has asked us to take point on this. They want our expertise on taking down the cultists." Mick pointed to the large map of Sleepy Burrow that he had spread out on the table of the ops room.

"All of us? Octavius is back but Colt is out." Nalah glanced at Mick and the human's expression twitched.

"Not having Colt is fine. He is out with Conner because he had an episode." At Mick's words Nalah nodded. That was code for Conner had a massive blow up and needed to feed. The sycophajus had issues, major issues. "We do need Octavius. I'll have boots on the ground as well, but we will need his aerial support."

The door pushed open and the muscular dragon shifter sauntered in. "I'm in." He didn't even ask and Nalah glanced at him and he gave a tiny nod of support. "You should allow Flint back on."

"Fuck that." It came out of Mick bluntly and Nalah resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She understood Mick was pissed but Flint was a great operative and he had gone a little insane due to his hormones but it worked out in the end.

She cleared her throat, "I understand-"

"I said no. He's off. For an undetermined time frame for his bullshit." Ihe human narrowed his eyes and Nalah raised a finger.

"I understand that you're upset, Mick. He acted recklessly he put the entire Order at risk."

"Exactly-"

"However!" She raised her voice, cutting him off. "We have to give him grace for the fact he was medically impaired. He was physically unable to think properly or use rational thought. Beck explained this to me thoroughly." A bit too thoroughly in her opinion. She didn't need to hear about how badly Flint had needed sex and the fact he would have been a sex crazed beast with his female. She was glad he had one now, a clan too, but she didn't need to know his bedroom habits or sex habits, or lack there of.

"That doesn't excuse what he did! We didn't know that WC agent!" Micks voice rose in response to her words. It was clear the human was not happy with her sticking up for Flint but Nalah had to do it. Flint was a great operative and pulling him like that was a poor choice. "Flint cause that entire problem by not doing as his hormones dictated. He needed to go out and fuck and he didn't so this is all on him."

"We knew Flint would have a problem the moment we brought him on." The words rumbled out of Octavius and Nalah glanced at him at the same time Mick did. "This is technically on us." He tilted his head, some of his dark hair falling over his forehead.

"How the fuck is this on us?" Mick crossed his arms over his chest and glared at the dragon shifter.

"We brought Flint on knowing he was impaired. He was clanless, he was a lone wolf. We accepted the inherent risks that came with that." Octavius' gold eyes flashed with that primordial fire that roared within him and Nalah nodded, thankful he had told her he would help her convince Mick. She would have liked Colt's help too but he was busy with getting Conner set straight at the moment. She wished him luck for that, the man was a fucking psycho.

"We knew he would have massive issues and they can come out in different ways. Did I expect celibacy to be what fucked him up? Absolutely not." She shook her head, crossing her own arms over her chest. "But we knew the risks, we brought him on."

"He's a good operative, he wouldn't be here if he wasn't, Mick." Octavius lifted his chin. "And if I can forgive you for getting so drunk after one of our first missions and puking all over a priceless thirteenth century tapestry and shouting out the windows that you were a Star Order operative, you can forgive Flint for thinking with his dick." The dragon shifter lifted an eyebrow in challenge and Nalah fought to keep her expression even so she wouldn't smirk at the information about Mick during his first mission with the order.