Chapter Twenty-Four

"So... you're just giving me access?" Gita's question had Flint wanting to smile. She was so fucking adorable he could hardly stand it.

"Yes." He nodded, not looking at her because he knew he would grin if he did. She was impulsive, reckless, and had the cutest little flustered look and when she looked confused he just wanted to kiss her.

"Just like that? Like you aren't even going to question me at all? That's a lot of money." She was starting to ramble and Flint simply nodded, enjoying listening to her. "Like that's over three million dollars. What if I just took all of it? What if I spent all of it?" He pressed his hand to her back to lead her out of the bank. "I could just steal all of it and then you're poor. Did you think about that? No, you literally gave me access to like eight different accounts and three credit cards!"

He couldn't hold it back and he chuckled as he glanced at her. "What's mine is yours, Gita. Would I be a little disappointed if you spent all of it? Yah, I was saving it for a clan and future children but I would assume you spent it on something important." She wrinkled her nose in confusion, a look that Flint was finding he adored. It made her slightly rounded face all the more adorable and brought attention to her cute little upturned nose.

"But you don't know me." She stressed the word and Flint chuckled as he reached out, grasping the back of her neck and kissing her. He couldn't help himself, not when she was being so fucking adorable.

He pulled back slightly, her eyes were slightly glazed and her expression needy, like she wanted to tug him back down into another kiss. "You're my mate, Gita. You're trouble, absolutely reckless, and I can imagine a little impatient with most things but I don't doubt that you will be responsible with my money." He knew she would be. The fact she was questioning him so heavily about him giving her access showed as much. He gave the back of her neck a soft squeeze before he let her go. As tempting as the trouble in her eyes was, they still had a few things to do before they went home. "Besides, you need to have access in case anything happens to me out in the field."

That was a big deciding factor. Flint knew he wasn't going to stop being an operative. The money was one thing but he genuinely loved helping people and he was able to make their world a better place being in the Star Order. He wasn't about to stop. But that also came with risks. He knew he took risks every time he went out into the field. There was always a risk that he wouldn't come home. Before it didn't matter and he had everything set up to go to charities but he had Gita to worry about now. That meant getting everything made and arranged to help her and any children they might have.

Everything of his would now go to her. He wanted that settled now, not several years down the line. Ops could change rapidly and he wasn't leaving anything to chance when it came to making sure his mate was taken care of.

He opened the car door for you, "In, Gita." He gestured at her, ignoring how her head was tilted as she stared up and down his body like she wanted to jump him. He chuckled again, "You are a bundle of trouble, Gita. Now... get in." That seemed to get her moving and Flint closed the door once she was settled and he got into the driver's side.

He pulled away from the curb and started heading towards his lawyer's office. They could get that finished and he could take her home and do something about the scent of arousal that was thick on her skin. That was a thought and a half. He reached over and grasped her hand, linking their fingers together. He liked how she fit against him, how her fingers threaded with his, how her curves pressed against him. His hand twitched in hers and he grasped the steering wheel tighter.

"Can we go to the credit union on 4th?" It came out of her low and Flint glanced at her before nodding.

"Absolutely. The apothecary is down there as well, we can pick up some moon pollen tea for your aches." He adjusted the mental map he had and turned on the next street so they could loop around to 4th street. It was a good idea to get to that apothecary. Flint was no stranger to wolfsbane and that apothecary had the best quality of moon pollen tea he knew of outside of where Beck got her stash.