Chapter Twelve

Flint heard his name called in a voice he honestly had never actually expected to hear again but he ignored it. "Fuck me sideways, Barry, I think I see the bottom of my mug." He lifted his pint glass and tilted it. His clerk buddy from the motel let out a bark of laughter.

"Ge-getchu a new glass, my fri-end!" Barry the clerk slapped him on the shoulder as he let out a hiccuping burp and Flint raised the glass.

"I knew you were a smart male." He made a show of stumbling to his feet. Barry grabbed his arm with another barking laugh. "I'm go-good." He forced a hiccup and slow blinked. "The floor just won't stay put." The words had the desired effect as Barry snort laughed into his cup, spewing cheap smelling beer all over the table.

"Move." At Nalah's sharp order Flint slowly turned his head to look at her. He never could really get over how fucking different she looked put together like she was. The aristocrat always oozed through to the point it was cloying.

"I don't remember ordering a tall drink of water." Flint gave her a crooked grin, leaning against the table as if his balance was off.

She sneered at him, giving a disgusted look as well. "Gross." She pulled off her sunglasses and put them on top of her head. "You are sitting in my spot. Move." She snapped her fingers and waved her hand, her bangles jangling on her wrist. Flint gave another slow blink, ignoring the large male behind her.

"I didn't see stuck up aristocratic bitch on it before I sat down, my apologies." He gave a mocking bow, nearly taking a header into the floor before Barry caught him with another laugh.

"Yes, so so-rry. Her royal pain in the ass was not on the pla-card." Barry gave his own version of a mocking bow through his hiccups and Flint snickered behind his hand, nudging the clerk in a friendly feeling of mutual camaraderie. Barry's face grew even more red as he tried to stifle his drunken giggles.

"Much apology, your royal bitchness." Flint threw her a wide, drunken grin and he could see the corner of her mouth twitch. He braced himself and she set her leg and lifted a hand.

"Everly! Get them out of my spot now!" Her voice was a high pitched screech and Flint burst into laughter that he tried to hastily over up as Barry smacked his leg.

"So sorry. We shall move forth-wit." Barry sniggered it out, getting out of his own chair with a near swan dive to the floor that Flint stopped. "Very sorry, your royal bitchness." Barry chortled and Flint joined in even though his repetition of his own title was kind of an irritation but when someone was that drunk you couldn't count on them running on full cylinders.

Nalah's mouth dropped open and she looked back at the meat head behind her. "Are you seriously going to let them talk to me like that?" Her voice was an authoritative whip and Flint snorted into his hand as he held Barry up as the other male burst into laughter before trying to cover it up and look serious. "When daddy hears about this, you are going to have no prospects left! First the car and now these drunken assholes harassing me? You are fucking useless, Everly!" Her voice pitched upwards to the pitch Flint was familiar with. That was her, I am getting the attention of everyone within a thirteen mile radius to draw attention to me, the spoiled aristocratic brat, and get it off of the friendly conman alcoholic who was flashing a vampire's wealth. It was like clock work and it worked perfect for cementing Flint in with those in the town.

"Technically yer harassing two innocent males." Flint slurred it slightly and Barry barked out another laugh before he snorted to try and stop.

"Yah, we was just drinkin'. Then yer snootiness came in here to yell at us." He stood up slightly crooked and seemed almost slightly sober before he then hiccuped, causing Flint to let out a snort. "Bad form, not very ladylike." Barry pointed at her, tilting towards her slightly, Flint grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back upright.

"Put that finger anywhere near lady Meridia again and I will see that you lose all ten of them." The cold words came from the person Flint really was fucking cursing as the goddamned WC contact because of course his past couldn't stay there, his run in with his brother should have shown him that much.

"Ooooooooh." Barry looked at Roike with nearly crossed eyes and Flint bent towards him with a snicker as he threw his arm over Barry's shoulder.

"I didn't think he actually had balls, thought she has them tucked in her purse." Flint loud whispered it to Barry who gave another barking laugh that he clamped his hand over his mouth to stop.

"The two of you need to leave." Roike's voice was cold and calm and Flint straightened up and looked at the male he had once said was his best friend. He gave him a wide, drunken grin and put as much amusement and spitefulness into his next words as he could.

"Make me."