Chapter Three

Gita came to with a faint groan she bit off. She hurt quite a bit all over but she was also very happy to know that she made quite a few of the fucking rednecks hurt just as much or worse than she was. Her head throbbed and she winced, someone had cracked her in the back of her head. She had been doing fairly well before that to so that made her pissed.

She cracked open an eye, lifting her head slightly. She was tied to a chair in a musty smelling one room building she guessed was a cabin. She bared her teeth as a low rumble exited her at the confinement. They took her alive and that wasn't entirely a good thing. They were reaching for the world of old with their rituals and taking her alive meant they could very well be wanting to sacrifice her for whatever bullshit religious ideology they were following.

Gita closed her eyes tightly, she didn't know and didn't want to work it out. She was no good with the information part of the job. She liked being out in the field doing shit and fucking shit up. Her superiors figured shit out and then sent her to deal with it or confirm their suspicions about what was going on. She didn't care about the rest of it, there was no reason too. It was like she was a gun and all they had to do was point her and shoot. She didn't care about anything other than whatever target they aimed her at. Thinking now would only make her head hurt and she really didn't want to make that throbbing pain worse.

She shifted her wrists slightly, testing the rope tying her up. It held strong but wasn't tight enough to cut off her circulation. She scoffed at that slightly. Seemed a bit strange to beat the shit out of her and then be considerate enough to make sure she wasn't tied up too tightly.

Her musings were interrupted as the door opened, sending in a cool breeze that she inhaled greedily. She could smell pine, wood smoke, and damp earth. She was definitely no longer in the town. She could only guess that she was in someone's nondescript hunting cabin on the mountain side. Which meant she was one tiny needle in a gigantic fucking haystack, damn near impossible to find.

She lifted her head to look at who came in and her friend from the bar closed the door. "Good. Glad to see you are awake." His expression was neutral and Gita raised an eyebrow.

"Shame you're into redneck BDSM. That shit doesn't even give you a safeword and then you wake up in bondage in roughneck porno cabin on a mountain." She pressed her tongue to one of her canines as his eyebrows pulled together slightly, as if he was wanting to glower at her but also wanted to remain expressionless.

He moved towards her, grabbing another chair as he did so. He set it in front of her and sat down, staring at her intently. "Why are you out here?" The words were gruff and she shrugged.

"No clue why you and your redneck pals brought me up here." She kept her expression open and honest as she said it and his jaw twitched.

"Why did the WC send you out here?" His question was harsh and she shrugged.

"Why do they do anything?" She wasn't about to answer his bullshit questions. She was going to sit pretty and hope someone from WC would find her.

"You are testing patience I don't have, female." There was a low growl that accompanied the words and she smirked at the male.

"Poor baby." At the mocking words he backhanded her hard enough she saw stars and tasted copper on her tongue. "Pussy." She spat the word at him and he slapped her once more, jolting her in the opposite direction. "You can't hit worth shit." Her world was spinning and her head was throbbing but she couldn't help the mocking that entered her tone. It wasn't like she was long for any sort of world. She was alone, without a clan since her great grandmother had died. She knew death would come baying at her heels at one point or another. Now seemed like as good of time as any.

He grabbed her jaw and yanked on her, forcing her to look at him. "You will answer the question. Why did the WC send you out here?" She kept her lips pressed together tightly even though he was squeezing her jaw hard enough she could have sworn her bones were groaning at the pressure. He shoved her face away, sending her chair tilting back as he did so. He grabbed the chair between her legs and forced it back to the ground before he yanked his own chair closer. "Tell. Me."

"I don't think I will." At her words he pulled out a knife and pointed it at her. She stared at the sharp blade and shrugged. "Doesn't scare me." It didn't scare her. Gita realized that she was tired... so fucking tired.

"I will cut your pretty little face up." He reached with the knife and pressed the point hard to her cheek and Gita fought back a grimace.

"I don't care." The words came out clipped and he pressed harder, just breaking skin and sending sharp hot and cold prickles through her cheek but she kept her mouth closed. She met his gaze and did her best to stare him down. After a few moments he pulled the knife away and grabbed her arm. With a quick motion he sliced the skin of her arm open and Gita couldn't repress the yelp she gave out at the sharp and sudden pain. Blood welled and then fell from the wound and she bit the inside of her cheek so hard she tasted blood. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction of hearing another sound.

"You'll tell me." He pulled a pouch out of his pocket and opened it. Gita's eyes widened at the scent of wolfsbane that emanated from the pouch.

Fuck.

Wolfsbane would incapacitate and knock a werewolf flat and it would hurt every single second that it remained in their system. She had been given wolfsbane in her WC training and she didn't like the experience but this asshole was main-veining it straight into her system. It was going to feel like fucking fire under her skin.

"Tell me, why you were sent here?" His voice was light and as much as Gita wanted to tell him off again she was just so fucking tired. Tired of fucking everything that was going on in her life.

"Cause you guys share the same three brain cells and humans were disappearing 'mysteriously' around your town." She did finger quotes when she said mysteriously before she flipped him off with her non-injured arm. "Why the fuck do you think I'm here, Cletus? To break up a fucking moonshine operation?" She scoffed, doing her best to ignore the throbbing in her head and arm that warned her to not move or speak too angrily. She leaned forward in her chair, "You dumbasses poked the humans and they bared their stubby little teeth at WC and now I'm here. Which is highly unfortunate for you because word is already back to HQ about your little rituals and that means clean up is coming and all I have to do is sit pretty and wait." She was not feeling all that nice at the moment and that bag of wolfsbane was riling up her beast more than anything else could. She was so fucking tired of this shit.

He gave a little smile at that. "No one is coming for you."

"Do I look like I care?" She spat it out and he shrugged.

"Perhaps not. So then you won't care if I do this." He dumped the small pouch of wolfsbane into the wound on her arm and Gita was right.

It felt like fucking fire crawling underneath her skin.

She couldn't be strong for this, anything but this rapid fire blooming under her skin, searing her nerves with excruciating pain.

She couldn't help it, help herself but she did all she could. She screamed.