Chapter Twenty

Flint was reeling from Nalah basically kicking him off the team indefinitely and now Beck was asking him about his fucking Heat cycle. "Can you fucking not, Beck?" He gave a low growl, it rumbled his chest and the red haired elf moved closer, a file in her hands.

"Just answer the question, Flint." She was scanning the document closely and he made a slight face. His fucking head hurt, had a headache to end all headaches and he was just done. He wanted to be able to go back on missions, it was the only thing that mattered. "How long has it been since you went to a Heat?"

At the repeated question, Flint was frustrated and fed up, "I don't have fucking time for this, Beck!"

"Answer the fucking question and I might be able to help you get off leave, ass wipe!" She shot back and Flint stopped, giving her a look, silently wondering if she was being honest, one could rarely tell with Beck.

"Four years." He muttered it out and Beck gave a small hum.

"That's fucking stupid." She shot him a look, "But it explains why your hormones are all out of wack. You have exceedingly high levels of testosterone, LH, FSH, cortisol, you also have an alarming amount of thyroxine and triiodothyronine in your system that makes your metabolism all fucky. Your parasympathetic system has checked out and you are running completely on your sympathetic system, which is bad. Also your oxusmaritutocin hormone is through the roof." She raised her eyebrows as she said that and Flint was confused as to why she was bringing the mating hormone into it. She flipped the pages back and then looked at him.

"And that helps me how? So I haven't gone to the yearly fuck fest but that's not a problem. It's just sex." Flint could get sex from anywhere, he didn't want to hang around a Heat for it.

"Fucking werewolf sex education system fucking sucks." Beck muttered the words, rolling her eyes as she grabbed a stool and rolled it over. "Let me dumb this down for you, puppy dog." She sat down. "Your yearly Heat is imperative for your body's ability to regulate your hormones." She spoke condescendingly and Flint gave her a flat look.

"I know that, don't be a condescending windbag." He did know that but it was just some bullshit hormones, he could handle it.

She rolled her eyes again. "Okay, dumber it is." She leaned forward and looked at him. "You no have fucky fuck at heaty heat, your mind goes loopy loop." She spoke like she was talking to a child and Flint gave her an even darker look. "Listen, werewolves require the Heat to rid the body of the excess hormones created specifically for the yearly heat. It resets you from sympathetic to parasympathetic and floods your body with all the feel good chemicals and hormones to cancel out the build up of oxusmaritutocin, which drives the other hormones up as well. It's a literal bodily reset and you haven't done it for four years, Flint." The look she gave him was sharp.

"So?" He shrugged as he rubbed at his face.

"God you are dense." Beck pinched her nose. "The reason you're being suicidal is your fucking hormones are making you literally crazy and your body is trying to regulate itself with adrenaline but it's not enough to burn the fucking oxusmaritutocin out of your system! You are seeking out dangerous situations and behaviours to try and regulate yourself because you have inhibited your body's ability to release those hormones for four years. One year, okay, two years max. Four years is insane!" Beck flipped open his file. "Your hormone levels are fucking insane. You need to have a reset and you need to get your oxusmaritutocin down and get your body switched back to the parasympathetic system so you can recover."

"So you're saying I need to have sex?" He spoke slowly, watching her to see if he was correct and she gave him a flat look.

"The issue is your oxusmaritutocin levels, your mating hormone levels. There is no simple sex here, Flint. You have pushed your body to the limit, your levels are too high." She closed his file and stood up from the stool.