Chapter Ten

Flint pulled the SUV into the only motel that resided in Sleepy Burrow. They were cutting it close, they were only fifteen minutes to sun up but he had kept to his pre-determined speed and refused to push past it. “Got the info packet dropped in your phones?” He glanced at Lastor and the vampire nodded with a wide yawn.

“Two mile radius, a cabin next to water. We’d have to have rocks for brains to not find it tonight.” Kenni said it rather lazily and Flint nodded as he parked the SUV in front of the lobby building.

“Let’s buckle up and bear down, love birds. Its game on.” Flint said it with a wide smirk and Lastor and Kenni both groaned. He didn’t wait for the two of them as he got out and headed for the lobby, tucking a cigarette into the corner of his mouth. He pulled out his wallet and stepped inside. “You mind if I light up?” He looked to the clerk and the guy made a slight face that showed his dislike of that pretty much immediately. “Alright then.” Flint pulled the unlit cigarette from his mouth and tucked it behind his ear. “Y’all got some rooms available?” He moved up to the counter and the male looked him up and down, his nose wrinkling slightly.

“What’s your clan?” The question was said with a high amount of suspicion. Not surprising from a town that was trying to resurrect the old traditions.

“Don’t worry, not from around here. Just leading some dumbass vampires on a wild goose chase for their honeymoon.” He chuckled at that and winked at the clerk as if joining him in his mirth. The clerk smiled and relaxed a fraction. “Y’all have mountains up here and you would be surprised at how much the leeches are willing to pay to find a fairy tale.” He opened his wallet, flashing the wad of cash he had shoved in there.

The door opened and Kenni giggled wild and high pitched. “It's just so quaint, honey bear!” Flint didn’t have to turn around to know she was bounding in her flats, her dark curls waving around as she did so.

“The finest honeymoon suite you have, good sir! For our two esteemed guests!” Flint said it loudly and the clerk glanced at the vampires before smirking slightly out of view. He jerked his head towards the two and Flint rolled his eyes, keeping his smile firmly on his face.

“Are you sure? It can get fairly expensive for our executive suite.” The man was playing right into his hands and Flint adored it when a cover went smoothly and people acted how they should. Prejudice between werewolves and vampires ran deep at times and he was jut glad he could play that to his advantage.

“For my two love birds? No price is too high for their stay.” Flint was hamming it up but with the way the clerk was looking, it was working. It was so much easier to get werewolves in on the con in his right hand rather than have them look at the one going on in his left. If he could convince them he was a con man but for a completely different reason, they never looked at him too closely and if he could get them to join in on his ‘harmless’ fun? Well then they were down right helpful in his missions.

“Alright, sir. Your price for the night is two hundred for the executive suite.” At the words and the glint in the clerk’s eyes Flint once again opened his wallet. He had a feeling someone was going to skim off the top of that price but he didn’t care all that much.

“Two hundred a night? That’s basically highway robbery!” Lastor played up the outrage and Flint counted off four hundred dollars before turning to the vampire.

“It’s fine, my good sir. Anything for you two to have a wonderful time for your honeymoon.” He kept his tone charming and placative. The clerk set a key on the counter and Flint snagged it and moved over to the vampires. “Here is the key to your executive suite. You two go get ready to bed down for the day. I’ll take care of your luggage while I settle my own room.” He winked at Kenni, ignoring the glint in her eyes that told him how badly she wanted to punt him so hard between the legs he would perpetually taste nuts. “No need for you to get a tan, my luminescent lady.” She giggled, clinging to Lastor tightly. The vampire made a few half hearted attempts at calling out the exorbitant prices before he finally left the lobby as Flint ushered them out.