Chapter 47

Some maidens and chess soldiers immediately showed you to your rooms, so you could freshen up from travelling. "We will collect you over exactly an hour, so you can dine with Big mom and her family." A green horse piece said. Avis thanked them heartily for their service. Your rooms contained one living room, with three doors leading to the bedrooms and attached bathrooms. You walked to yours, your bag over your shoulder. "(Y/N), wear something fancy, please." Avis said. You stopped and turned around. "You better say that to Erin, he can't dress himself properly, although he should be more mature than I am." Avis shot you a really?-glare, that you simply ignored. You walked straightly into the shower, undressing yourself while you grizzled out loud. "I finally wore clean clothes, and they to tell me to change again? The impudence!"

After you had washed your hair and body, you decided to dress yourself into a black jumpsuit with long, wide legs. You threw your whip (again) around your waist as a belt, and wound the bandana around your wrist. You looked down to check if the cut out was not too deep. It was perfect. You walked out of your room after putting on a pair of black, fancy dress shoes.

"Oooh! You look fancy!" You cooed at Erin, who waited for you, wearing a nice shirt and pale green pants. You saw his ring sparkle just under his collarbone, and you looked down at your own, that was wrapped around your bandana and wrist, the ring itself tinkling with every step you took. Avis left her room too. You and Erin and gazed at her in awe. "Wow, aunt you look beau-." "Like a widow/peacock!" You yelled. "It's a good thing!" You said sweatdropping as the atmosphere turned cold. "Do you think so?" Avis asked. You were silent not wanting to fall for that obvious trap. But she cracked a smile. "That's a good thing! Maybe Big mom will realize now I won't marry any of her sons." She turned around sweeping her dark purple dress with round feathers at the bottom around. You and Erin exchanged glances, feeling very uncomfortable.

You walked behind Avis, Erin to your left, into the throne room. You couldn't really call it something else. Big mom sat down, a few of her children next to her. That woman was huge! "Mamamama! My beloved Avis-chan is here again!" Avis kept halt down at her throne. Her small frame looked so fragile next to that gigantic woman. "It's always an honor to visit here." She said, bowing her head, while you studied her feet, guessing her shoesize. Charlotte Linlin kept talking. " ...your companions?" You looked up, seeing you had missed an important question. "me?" You mouthed as you pointed at yourself. Erin shove you into her direction. Giggles of the Charlotte siblings could be heard. "It is an honor to meet you, yonko." You said and nodded your head. You sounded all business: Confident and calm, without being arrogant. "Mamamama- It has been long since I had such a character before me. Most spirits are already broken before even facing me." You just smiled, while hookig your thumbs over your belt/whip. "In my work environment it's rather...necessary." You replied. "I like you. What's your name, little girl?" This woman was allowed to call you little girl. "(L/N) (Y/N), ma'am." You answered. The woman laughed again. "Let's go eat. The chefs prepared a delicious fruit tarte."

She led you towards an inner courtyard, that was decorated with smile lights to lighten up the place well enough to reveal the food. Your stomach rumbled, as you smelled the delicious aromas. White tables where scattered between the rose bushes and had a sweet, old-fashioned style. "Sit down, my guests. I've gathered my oldest children for this dinner." She said, before plumping down on hers and grabbing the nearest tarte. Your gaze wandered over the filled tables, until you discovered a pale man with purple hair. Your smirk grew wider. "I will be sitting there." You whispered Erin. "Keep an eye on aunt-sensei." He nodded.

You walked towards the table, where as you recognized Charlotte Brûlée and an insolent brat that was chewing gum, were seated, at the left of your next victim. "Hi guys." You said, as you sat down. The three just gazed at you. "My name is (Y/N). Nice to meet you." The woman with a grey skin opened her mouth to say something. "My name is Brûlée. And this is my younger sister Flampe." She said. "Nice to meet you, Brûlée-san and Flopé-kun" The dark-haired girl yelled: "It's Flampe, not Flopé!" "My bad. I didn't hear your name properly." "How dare you to insult me! Do you know who I am? I am the captain of the Special Attack Unit!" You just smiled at her, while trying to ignore your deaf-shouted ear. You turned your attention towards the man, who had been silent the whole time. "Won't you, the man with a bounty of 860 000 000 berries, introduce yourself? Or won't you talk to 'a mere woman', Charlotte Cracker?" You asked. He spit out his tea. "What is your problem?" He yelled. "Nothing." You smiled devilishly. "How can you even recognize me without my armor? Even the navy couldn't!" "green tea, please." You said to the dancing tea cans. "Thinking is waisted for the Navy." You said. "Besides, it is about time you should change your armor. The taste is rather...disappointing." You swore Brûlée giggled behind her cup of tea, while Cracker opened his mouth but couldn't make a sound. You took a bite of a cupcake near you. "I have a dare for you: find out who I am." You continued. "I will give you a tip: My name is NOT Karen. I don't have a resting bitch face." You snickered a bit. " You insolent woman! Who do you think you are to challenge ME? I am a Sweet Commander for Roger's Sake, not a child!" "Well, you sure behave like one." You got up, and strolled away from the purple-haired man. "I command you to come back! Now!" He yelled behind your back. You just waved. Although most eyes were directed towards you, you hadn't caught Big Mom's attention. Yet.