Chapter 39

"You pickpocketed government agents!?!" Iceberg and Paulie yelled in unison, while their eyes bulged out. "Yes?" You said sheepishly. Before the men could faint, you quickly grabbed their forearms and led them to a nearby bench. "And the best part where not their plans for world destruction or the information about Tom's workplace, no. It was this sock." You proudly held out a blue sock, decorated with lilac Christmas trees and yellow reindeers. "A sock." "Yes." "You stole a sock." "While Blueno was wearing them." It was enough to knock both men out. You laughed seeing their reactions. "And the best thing is, I know for sure these are from his favourite pair." Iceberg had calmed himself enough to be able to talk again. "You're really evil, (Y/N). Stealing one sock from a favourite pair... is a whole other level." You grinned happily. "Would you take me now to Tom's workplace, please?" You puppy-eyed him. His gaze was filled with respect and... awe for you. "It would be an honor to Tom's workers, ma'am." He said. You walked past him, swinging an unconscious Paulie over your shoulder, while a happy grin played around your lips. You could really get used to such treatment from others.

You felt immediately home when you walked through the door of the late Tom's workplace. The smell of wood, ink and seawater remembered you about home, and homesickness suddenly hit you. You didn't have a home anymore. Your parents were gone to the afterlife, your sister... . You had to build a new home from scratch, and you would have Lily in it, no matter what. You unconsciously touched the embroidered lily on your bandana, as you thought about her.

You got a hold on yourself again, when you rummaged through the back of the warehouse. An object in the corner, covered by a cloth had caught your attention (of course). You ran towards it, and pulled the cloth off, to reveal an awesome...motorbike. "Iceberg! Why's there a motorbike in here?" You asked loudly as the Galley-La chef walked towards you. "It was a project from Tom and Franky. It's a motorbike that runs on water. " "No way!" "It is. You know, when Tom started to build the Sea train, his first idea was it to let it run on seawater. But a train is simply too heavy for that technique." He said, while caressing the saddle. Meanwhile you jumped up and down, stars brightening up your eyes. "can I ride it ?" You practically yelled. "I don't think the engine will start... " As you jumped onto the saddle, and turned the key, the motor came roaring to life. "...after all this years." The blue-haired finished his sentence. "It works." You stated the obvious. Meanwhile Paulie knew what you had in mind. "(Y/N)! I forbid you to drive it!" He yelled, throwing himself for the motorcycle. You leaned forward, your forearms resting on the handlebars. "And why do you think you can stop me?" You asked, a mischievous grin plastered all over your face. "I can't face your mother if I go to the afterlife, and let you go like this!" He said; "You know that my mother let me play with snakes when I was young, right? And besides... Can you face your own mother when I tell her about this?" You asked, holding out a wallet-like thing. "What's that?" Iceberg asked, while picking his nose. "His mother asked him to keep this with him, when he came to Water 7. It was filled with beautiful family-pictures!" "And?" Iceberg asked, almost bored. "He lost the pictures by gambling!" "How dare you, Paulie!" Iceberg yelled. Poor Paulie stood defeated in the corner, pink dusted his cheeks. "How did you get it?" Iceberg whispered to you. "I took it last time and sewed it into your jacket." You whispered. The man nodded. "It makes so much sense now! Why else would my left pocket feel so heavy?" He said. Then he realized what you just said. "Wait, you sewed it into my jacket? And when did you get it back?" You held up the scissors in your hand. "When do you think?"

Meanwhile a totally ashamed Paulie mixed into the conversation. "(Y/N)... please don't tell my mama. She will kill me for sure." He pleaded. You threw the wallet into his direction. "You can find the pictures by the Franky Family." You said, before sticking out your tongue and dashing away on your claimed motorcycle.

You slowly drove through the canals back to your boat. (By slowly you meant 50 km/hr, but okay.) A solemn candle flickered on the deck, as you came nearer. They are probably already fast asleep, you thought. You were utterly satisfied with yourself: you had obtained a motorbike, your first performance went really well, and you had a delicious meal. You sighed happily, as you took a closer look at your bike. The bike was sleek, and not too macho, just like you liked it. The metal was lacquered in dark seashell blue, with small flame patterns in black. You loved it.