Chapter 17

The awkward silence only became more...awkward, as Tashigi really took a lot of time. Your brain was not able to work, so you kept silent. But you couldn't keep it long that way. "Uhm, could you please not point your guns on me. I don't want to choke on a bullet later." You said, while nervously playing with your whip. Smoker and Hina remained silent, and it made you even more nervous. To take out your nervousness, you acted like everything was fine, so you pulled your ship with your whip to you. After that, you started to stuff the meat on your boat. You packed the intestines together in a cloth, and put the meat in the shadow. Your stomach rumbled in satisfaction as you looked at your catch. You turned back to the navy ship, guns still pointed at you, and finally saw Tashigi. "Tashigi!" You yelled. She looked down, with in her hands a bundle clothes. You jumped to the rail, and squatted there, trying to keep your balance. "Thanks." You said sincerely. You pulled out your long coat, and put it over you. The familiar weight coaxed a smile from you. You didn't know you had missed it so much. A seaman looked at you, angry. "What?" You asked. You looked at him more carefully. You knew him from somewhere, and you told him that. "Why would I know such a lowclass pirate?!?" He answered angrily. You smiled, as you recognized him. "Well, well, now I remember you. You are...Foolbody!" "Fullbody!" He sputtered. "You sure?" You asked. He tried to give you a punch with his bolted knuckles. You trapped his bolted knuckles in your one hand, while you smile softly. "Oh, What did you try?" "Let me go, you pirate." You heard the clicking from loaded guns but you kept staring at the ex-lieutenant, who desperately struggled to free his arm. "Ask me nicely, and I will release your arm." You said. "Never!" "You sure?" You asked with a dangerous smile. He called you all names he could think off, and all the marines just watched the whole process. Your smile grew wider and wider as he became more and more desperate. As he was out of breath, you said: "You know, you could have spared yourself the trouble, if you swallowed your pride and just asked me to release you." He only panted as answer. "Am I clear?" You asked. He nodded exhausted. You let him go, and he fell back. "Great. I hope I can go now. I am really looking forward to dinner." You said, drooling as you thought about your catch.

Hina and Smoker watched the whole incident. They actually hoped you were just a little lost, and after meeting them, you would become a marine again. But your Whipslash Aura, or so they called it, was very strong. And their hopes faded away as they realized you wouldn't come back. You had changed.

You suddenly grinned, and released all the tension in the air. "It was nice seeing you again! Sayonara!" You said and jumped backwards from the ship, right into your own ship. Your struggle with Fullbody had relieved your nerves, and you were the carefree, laughing (Y/N) again. After all, you were a free spirit. And to be honest, you looked really cool and confident with your long coat, when you didn't trip over it.

"Oi, (Y/N)! Where are you going?" Smoker yelled. You waved back as an answer. "I am asking you something!" He yelled irritated. Hina stood stoic next to him. You didn't want to answer him, so you looked for some paper and a pencil. You wrote some words on it, and folded it into a good paper plane. You threw it at him. Smoker opened it and Hina looked over his shoulder, reading what you just wrote.

Smoker, Hina,

Sorry that I left Marineford without saying a thing. I will explain it, someday. I am happy that I could see your faces again. I also wrote a recipe for Sea King Goulash. It is delicious. Give it to your cook.

(Y/N), not a pirate!

P.S.: Thanks for doing my laundry.

Hina smiled softly at your note, written in your usual style. As she looked up, your boat had disappeared. "Where is she?" She asked. You sailed towards the horizon, the sun in your back. Maybe the whole encounter started awkward, but you left with your heart at peace. Happy that they were safe and healthy, and they maybe didn't hate you completely.

You checked your log pose, seeing a steady needle pointing towards 2 o'clock. You knew where that was. It was time you visited St. Poplar again. It became time you took on a new job.

Author: This is short.

Whipslash: Sorry, I want to keep Hina and St. Poplar apart.

Author: And why the sudden change from awkward to confident? It has no logic.

Whipslash: Feelings have no logic.

Author:...

*Author and Whipslash go down, trying to not wake up the sleeping characters*

Whipslash: Who had thought that an afternoon nap actually works with all these...dangerous people.

*Author and Whipslash take blankets, snacks and drinks and sit down*

Author: Which movie do you want to watch?

Whipslash: I heard there was a really famous movie, called Frozen?

Author *surprised*: ...Okay. I think we can watch that.

*Author and Whipslash watch the movie peacefully*

Shanks: Did she eat a Devil fruit?

Author: Dang it, Shanks! Don't scare me like that!

*Author looks behind her seeing more and more shadows sitting on the floor*

Shanks: So, did she eat a devil fruit?

Author: No. She was born with these powers.

Shanks: So...She is a devil fruit?

Author: No! It is a movie. She is not real!

Aokiji: Why does she scream?

Author: She sings.

Shanks: But why? There is no one there to listen.

Author: That's how a Disney movie works. Don't try it. It looks stupid in real life.

Shanks: Aokiji, Can you also make an icecastle with your powers?

Aokiji: I can try.

Author: You won't try it here if you wanna live!