Chapter 13

A few days later, Paulie took you sightseeing on a Yagara Bull, although you wanted to work on the motor of your ship. He went to a rent place, and while he talked with the owner, you looked at the Yagara Bulls. Most of them were uninterested in you, but one stared back at you. You squatted down, and kept looking into the bulls eyes. He was, you thought he was a male, yellow with red sparks over his body. Your eyes started to water, while you tried not to blink. Paulie stood next to you, and said: "(Y/N), what are you doing?" You didn't answer, while you tried to win this staring contest. He pushed you a little bit with his foot, and you almost fell. "I almost won!" You yelled angrily to him, while the Yagara Bull let out an indignant snore. "Sssht!" You said to the bull, who made a happy sound and gave you a lick. "We take this one." You said to the owner.

Paulie showed you the important buildings in the city, and told you their history. Normally you would love to listen, but both the Bull, you decided to name him Charlie, were full of energy. "Paulie, what happens when we take this way?" You said, while pointing at a Canal going down. "You will come to the back of the city, it is nice there, not that many tourists." He said. Charlie looked at you with a knowing glare. You smiled back. "Go Charlie, go!" He neighed loudly, and raced the canal down, almost bumping into another Bull. You laughed maniacally while Paulie screamed in fear. You took a sharp turn, and flew almost from Charlie's back. As you raced through the canals, you got a lot of cursing and screaming from the passers-by, because you maybe splashed a little water over them. Charlie suddenly stopped, causing you to almost fly over his head. Your smile wide, truly happy. You looked after you, seeing a white and scared Paulie. You laughed straight into his face. "That wasn't so bad for a first time?" You asked. "Don't. Do. That. Ever. Again." He said with difficulty. "Are you going to vomit?" You asked while you moved a little bit from him away. Just in case he had to. "I..." He said, before he covered his mouth. "He needs a drink." Someone said. You turned around, seeing Kaku's face. "What are you doing here?" You asked curious. "We wanted to have a drink." He said, while pulling the sick Paulie of the Yagara Bull. "Why are you so wet?" You said. "Well, maybe someone raced here with a bull and splashed water over everyone." He said. You looked at him, feeling a bit sorry. "Yeah sorry. But Charlie and I had so much fun." You said, while sweatdropping. "Lucci managed to stay dry. Lucky guy." He said, while looking at the person. You became even more nervous. Lucci looked at you with a calm, observing gaze. But Charlie caught your attention, as he hissed at the man. "What is it, Charlie?" You asked, while rubbing his head. And then, that pigeon flew down. You didn't like him, but tolerated him because he made his master a little bit humane. Charlie tried to hide completely behind your body, shrieking when the pigeon came to you. You laughed softly. "Charlie, don't tell me you are afraid of pigeons." You said and scratched the bulls chin, to calm him down. The pigeon landed on your hand, and looked at you closely. He bended his head to the left. You imitated the movement, causing laughter by Kaku. You showed the bird to Charlie, who almost climbed on your back, when that's possible for a seacreature. "Look, Charlie. It is just a pigeon. He won't do anything." You said calmly. Hattori bended his head again, questioning the weird animal. Charlie sniffed carefully at him. He suddenly tried to lick the bird with his enormous tongue. The pigeon chirped scared, and tried to get back to his master.

Hattori sat trembling on Lucci's shoulder, and Charlie looked disappointed at him. You laughed and scratched his neck, and in return you got a slimy lick. You sputtered because of the slime and laughed at the questioning gaze the bull gave you.

Later at night, you walked back with the 3 shipwrights. Paulie needed almost a full bottle of rum before he could speak properly again. Kaku supported him, and on your way Paulie tried to talk to a flower about how bad of a driver you are. Lucci walked next to you in silence. You didn't mind it, but you didn't feel comfortable at all. You knew they would not kill you, because it would blew their cover (You were pretty sure they were on a mission). But you could not make a single mistake, like telling where Sparkle Island was, and what you did for a living. (But again, he probably already knew about your job).

A few minutes later, Paulie had to throw up, and Lucci and you walked past them, telling them to hurry up. Soon you didn't hear them anymore, so you pulled him into a shady alley, with a knife against his throat. "What do you want?" You asked. "It took you longer then I thought to come in action. You are more of the fast kind." He said with his actual voice. You pressed him a little more against the wall. "I don't want to know why you are here. Where did you get that tea?" "Which tea?" He said slowly, on purpose. "Don't play the fool! You know what I am talking about." You growled lowly. "Don't let your feelings show if you question someone. Did you learn nothing from us?" He asked. He was playing with you. You didn't like that. You let him go, slowly circling around him. "I just want to know how much you know." You said conciliatory. "We have a file on you." "That's apparently more than what the Navy has." You said with a grin. You stopped circling, and shove your knife back in its sheath. "You didn't change." You said. "I am disappointed." That comment made him growl, a deep, inhuman sound. "Oi. Did that sting? You are still a kitten." You turned around, and wanted to walk out of the alley. A shadow jumped behind you, and tried to attack you. You held the knife against the shadows throat. "You sure I am the one who can't control her emotions?" You said with a grin. You patted his cheek, studded with leopard freckles, which made him even more angry. "You have a lot to learn, Kitty." You said with a smile, knowing you have won. You walked away, with your hands in your pocket. You stopped for a second at the entrance of the alley, just before the light. "One more thing, cat. If you tip the Navy about me, please make sure they sent me a worthy opponent. The level of those soldiers...was humiliating low." You stepped into the light, leaving the shadows and Lucci behind. You had made your choice. Your past would not hold you back.

Author: Why do you want him to change?

Whipslash: He has no conscience. Is it too much to ask for that?

Lucci: You don't have to tell me what I need.

Whipslash: I do. You kill people. Constantly.

Lucci: Hhhmpf.

Whipslash: You kill and kill in the name of justice.

Lucci: That's my job.

Whipslash: You have to grow up before you start to work.

Lucci: I am 28. I am older than you! And you tell me I am not an adult?

Whipslash: Exactly.

Lucci: You are not fair!

Whipslash: Author, that's the behavior I spoke about.

Author: ...I see it.

Whipslash: If you have a job, you have to take full responsibility for what you do. And you have to realize that.

Lucci: Can you take full responsibilty for what happens next?

*Author looks at the two, who are ready to attack each other*

Author: Uhhmm. It is nice that you told me that but I am not a couples therapist. Or an adult.

Whipslash: We are not a couple, Author.

*Lucci pouts. It is scary.*

Author: What relationship do you two have?

Whipslash: I don't know.

*Awkward silence*

Author: Could you sent some Warlords in?

*Whipslash and Lucci leave the room*

Whipslash: Did you brush your teeth this morning, Lucci?

Lucci: Stop acting like I am a child!

Whipslash: What are you then?

Lucci:...