Chapter - 29

We put my angel's luggage in the trunk of the car and Surekha aunty told us that rest of her things they will send in two to three days. We bid our goodbyes though it was little emotional moment for them and by we left it was already five in evening.

Now we trio were in car and it was first time that there wasn't any awkward silence.

Yes you heard it right !

Because this tiny creature who was sitting on my lap was going on her blabbering as she spot something new while looking outside.

"Khal!" she now was pointing towards one car but what to expect from three year old kid. She knew only few words. She talks but sometimes she can't frame proper sentence.

"No angel it's not khal, it's car!" I corrected her in sweetest manner.

"No kitty it's not car, it's jeep!" Jai poke his nose in our conversation and his tone was same as I used for angel. I glared at him to shut down his mouth and not flatter his knowledge in front of her but all he did was chuckled at my glare.

How rude !

Few minutes past and she was asleep in my arms, I on other hand was on the verge of dozing off too but that's when some smoke started coming off from the engine and within seconds we were on side of the road.

"You know in this world there's something called car service ever heard about it?" I mocked at him my voice filled with sarcasm but was little happy that it wasn't night time unlike that day.

"I wanted to but I didn't get time. You know I have a company to handle." He gave me a fake smiled and got out of the car rolling his eyes.

HE  DID  NOT  JUST  ROLL  HIS  EYES  ON  ME !

Yes he did! my mind yell.

I wanted to go out and smack this steering wheel on his head but I can't, I want to go back home and not in jail and top of it will disturb my angel's sleep too and that's when I looked down at her.

Will he notice if I bite her cheeks ?

He came back and sat on his seat anger on top of his nose.

"What happen―" and at same time his mobile started ringing so he picked up.

"I want you here within 10 minutes and bring a spare car." he said and cut it without giving the other person any chance to utter even a word.

"Angry old man." I whispered to myself but my bad he heard it.

"You did not just called me old." Jai was looking at me I could see him from corner of my eyes.

"Oops but I did." I said and gasped dramatically covering my mouth.

"What happened to car?" I asked him only when he was little calmed.

"Asking as if you gonna fix it." He shrugged.

"Can't you just answer in civil manner once in your lifetime?" I snapped at me.

"Only few people deserved that but sorry I don't count you in that few people." He smirked and turn his head to other side.

"Yo―" I was about to snap at him and his mobile started ringing yet again at same time when I was going to give him nice hearing. He said something and cut it and got out saying "Let's go." and with that he got out and started walking.

WAIT ! BUT  HOW  WILL  I ? and that's when I saw him coming towards my side. He opened the door and leaning inside he unbuckled my seatbelts.

"I could have done it by myself." I roll my eyes he was about to take his hand out but stopped there and then hearing my voice, I instantly regret it after realising him being just few inches from my face. I could literally feel his warm breath and piercing eyes on me. Suddenly some noise was coming we both looked down only to see my angel was almost awake and was about to cry that's when Jai slowly took her out in his arms trying to shush her. I got out and I nearly lost my balance as my legs were numb sitting still without moving for long time. Jai gave me weird look after he watched me almost tripped.