Chapter - 40

Jai

It felt terrible like history was repeating itself.

It's been more than 24 hours that my Maira is in coma, her hands are cold as ice.

Yesterday in middle of important meeting I got call from Dad that Maira had met with an accident, the moment I heard him my heart literally dropped down. I felt like I was thrown down on ground directly from cloud 9. Without any further delay I literally ran out of the meeting room not caring their shocked expression.

Thankfully Dhruv was there with me because in that condition I couldn't even imagine driving in sane mind. The view was getting blur because my eyes were betraying and my mind was thinking worst possibilities.

How bad I wanted to shut down those stupid thoughts and just go to my Maira and hug her tightly like this was end of the world.

Never in my life I felt restless after the day I lost Ahana.

Throughout the ride I was literally begging to God to keep her safe.

I can't bare one more loss.

Now, I was sitting beside her. Even though doctor had told us there was few physical injuries but next he dropped the bomb telling us that she went in coma.

And now it's almost more than 48 hours she still hasn’t gain conscious.

Prisha on other hand was crying her heart out that she literally fainted. She wanted to see Maira but she doctors wasn't allowing as they had their rules, so I asked Dhruv to take her, Riya and Mom back to home.

Dad was lying on couch, he too didn’t slept for hours so I forced him to take nap.

Riya just informed me that Prisha is now fine and sleeping sound. For me both were sleeping but my heart was restless and if anything happens to any of them I’ll  LITERALLY  GO  INSANE !

Till now all I do is regret the way I behaved towards her, how bad I used to play tricks to let her go from my home or whenever she cried because of me.

I was no less than monster.

First I used to loath her, speak bad about her but now I realized how precious she became to me and to my family.

Even knowing her true identity that she was not even Sabha aunty's daughter still my mom decided let her stay because she feels her friend reflects in her whenever she looks at Samaira.

She is real angel send down here to make me back human and make this house more like home. The more I think about my actions the more I sunk in guilt.

I don't know how much time I was busy praying to God to let her live! I know I was not so good with her but trust me later I used to lash anger on myself by one way or other.

I look around me when I heard a meek voice. I wiped my tears and again I could hear it more clearly.

"Mumma." I realized that it was non-other than my Maira I rushed out to call the doctors. 

I felt like a dream came true when I heard her voice.

.

.

.

.

.