Chapter 20: The Stranger and the Kitten

While the whole pack or "colony" of Bastet's kittens or "litter" is gone, my nose has stopped twitching instantly. But still, I can feel my nose is stuffed up and I could nearly feel the urge of sneezing again. "So," Alex nervously spoke. "Do you feel any better?"

"A little," I replied. "But...there is only one cat is still here with us," then both Alex and I have looked up. We saw the little girl, Kelly, who is standing right in front of us. Holding her stuffed bunny in place in her arms. Just looking at us for a moment.

"How...?" Alex was about to ask,

I nearly growled as I pointed at my stuffed-up nose,

"Oh," Alex relaxes as she chuckled. "Sorry, forgotten about that."

"Apology accepted," I muffled my mutter.

"Although," Alex rubbed against her chin. "Yet again, this might be a good thing."

"What does that supposed to me?" I narrowed my eyes as I nearly growled,

"Well, you see." Alex smiled, "With only one child of Bastet, there will be less damage for your sneezing accidents to occur during our introduction. She patted Kelly's head, "Besides, she still needs to get to know everyone around here at camp as well. Maybe being near around someone that is a comfort to be will help that out. Including you...would that be fine with that type of equation?" Well, I am defiantly allergic to cats. Always have been, so I have begun to think about it. As I was thinking about it, I know that I would sneeze crazy whenever I was near any cats. Any shape, size, and form. So, I kept my distance. However, on the other hand, I don't sneeze heavily, or quite frankly as much when I am around just only one cat. But keeping my distance. Mostly. But when I look at Kelly, there is something about her that I could not describe, and I could shake a feeling that is between us. Including she is giving me a look that I nearly cannot look away from it. In regret, that was part of my weakness. That look she makes, won't allow me to say no.

I sighed in defeat, "I guess," I shrugged in my reply. "But I hope that this doesn't give me a head rush when this is all over." If I ever sneeze too many times, I might. But this kid that is in front of me, who is still looking at me. How could I ever say no to that? Including that I am just a stranger to her? How could I do that? But with these questions, I have decided to let it slide and go with that decision that I made. Just this once.

Before I could do anything, Kelly walked towards me and she stands right beside me. Right about an inch or two away from me. In my head that I was hoping that this decision will not be bit...(OW!!) Alright, alright Spirits of the Shadow Realm! I am getting to the introduction part about with the Bes Children. So, be patient with me, will you?

As I was saying.

While I am letting Kelly standing right next to me, she looks at me with a strange glimmer in her eyes. It has almost creeped me out at first, to be honest. Alex walked up to my other side, with a strange grin upon her face. "She likes you," Alex spoke as if she was whispering to my ear.

I raised an eyebrow, "How can you tell?"

Alex giggled, "You'll see," she clapped her hands once. "Alright, let us continue. Children of Bes, you're up!" In on split second, I kind of swore that I heard a sound of a zoom. All at once, a group of little people and normal height people has come in as if they were Sonic the Blue Hedgehog. Yes, I know that blue hedgehog stories and all. So, do not make a big deal about it.

"You called," the Children of Bes smiled for their reply. In truth to be told, I did jump for a bit. Because I was not even expecting little people to be that fast. Not unless they are direct descendants of Bes himself. Not in the mortal world that I hope, but still.

"Same order, agenda, and technique that needs to introduce to our guest here." Alex smiled, "Before she could introduce herself,"

"Oh, don't worry Alex," said one of the kids spoke from the crowd. "We remember,"

"Yeah," said another but in a boy's voice. "As if we haven't done this before, right?"

Alex giggled, "I know." She breathed for a bit, "And now, start!" The children when in line, youngest to oldest order to be properly introduced.