Chapter 4: Opening the Door Interruption

As I was standing right next to the door at the end of the alley before I could do anything. I could have sworn that I have heard a child's voice. Screaming within the air. I have nearly jumped as I turned away from the door. Suddenly, I began to remember another rule that my father has given me. "No matter what you do," my fathers' voice echoes with my head again. "If you ever heard a scream that belongs to either a demon or a mortal. Do not you ever pick a fight with a demon or interfere with the affairs of the mortals' life. His voice has begun to fade again.

But deep within my own heart, it wants to debate what my father has told me. But like always, I must obey what my father has told me what to do. Just simply ignore it, how irritating it is. So, I have turned my back from the cry that I have turned towards the door. Feeling guilty that is within my gut, however, I must suck it up. Like always. Excuse my growl, but it still irritates me back then. But let us carry on. As I got myself back right on track, I have stared at the door in frustration. But I must get my mind cleared first. As my mind is fully cleared, I have lifted my right hand. Pointed out my two index fingers, all at once, my two fingers have started to glow. Slowly, I have begun to write the letters in mid-air. "Tarri-Carro," I chanted.

Okay, to chant a spell to create a door. That is very complicated, but it would do to any door that you could see on sight. And write hieroglyphics with two index fingers instead of a stick or a staff like the magicians would like to use. But at this level, it would take a lot of hard work and training to get that far.

 But at this level, it would take a lot of hard work and training to get that far

But that lesson will be discussed at another time. So, let us get back to the story.

As I was chanting quietly and writing "open" in hieroglyphics on the door. But before I could work my halfway through of the spell, I have been interrupted by the same voice that I have heard from before. I have become so loud. It is like that it was right inside my head. I could not explain it, but I can swear that the scream that I was hearing was so clear as day. It is like if it was a person that is right in front of me. The whole time, "Somebody, please! Help us!!" A child's voice has screamed throughout my whole, entire head. It has distracted me from the spell with a huge jolt that has gone downwards of my spin and almost let me tumble over.

With that type of distraction, both of my fingers have stopped glowing and the hieroglyphics that I was writing. They have suddenly disappeared, without a trace. I was stunned for a moment, I admit. But I've kind of bit my lip in frustration instead of excitement. "Mutt," I muttered as I clutched my fist. "Sorry father, it...it looks like that fate has started to call a new path for me. That is lights its way within the night for me tonight," I've prayed to my father for my plea of forgiveness as I've turned away from the door. Without any second thoughts, I have begun to follow where fate could lead me to. That also strives throughout the night as I do.