Chapter 2: A Dog Hunt

Okay, I know what you are thinking. No mortal or should I say, a human being could not sniff up a scent like a dog or any other canine could. But technically, I can. Because the life that I was raised in is a completely different story. And I will get to that one later.

While I was sniffing the ground to find the dogs' scent. All at once, I have finally found and picked up a scent. The scent nearly belongs to the boy, but it mainly belongs to the dog. I stood up fast and begun to follow the scent. The scent is leading outside of the park and leading into the city. So, I exit the park and enter the city. How did I end up in the park from the start that you might ask? I will get to that later also because I was on a dog hunt. Literally, but without a net and all.

As I was running through the city, I care not to be able to bump myself into any other person within the streets of Philadelphia, New Jersey, so I will not be accused of being rude. As I continued sniffing the air, I can feel my right ear just twitched and in reflex. To let me know that I need to turn to my right, so I turned right. As I have turned, I have found myself in the entrance/exit of the alley. As I was looking around, I heard shuffling sounds on the corner. I have turned and seen some figure at the corner.

At the far corner of the alley, I saw a golden retriever that is wearing a blue-collar. And it is sniffing the trash from the trash can. Okay, for once that is for a house dog. That is completely gross. But instead of saying that, all I could do is to roll my eyes and cleared my throat at the same time.

The golden retriever nearly jumped and turned to me. Our eyes met, and I can see how tense he could be.

I sighed calmly and relax my eyes for a bit. "You're Max?" I asked,

"Yes, I am." The golden retriever barked. To you all people of the world, I am also a dog whisper. Just like...ow. Spirits! Knock it off, do not pinch me when I was trying to make the words simply to them without the truth that is on hold. So, get a grip will ya'?

Sorry, that was the friend that I told you about. But let me continue.

Anyways. Max tilted his head as he nearly growled at me. "How did you know my name?" Max asked,

"Your boy," I answered. "He's been looking for you,"

"My...my boy," Max nearly muttered as he stopped growling. "He's...he's been..."

"Yes," I nodded. "You better run home before your boy becomes worried sick about you. If he does not see you home in time,"

Max whine as he looks down at the ground. Then he lifted his head and started to run. "Thanks, stranger." Max barked as he runs past me.

"Anytime," I muttered as I watched him run.