Chapter 1: Overheard ~ Mother & Child Conversation

Before the discovery of my secret life, it all had begun in Philadelphia, New Jersey. In the year 2017, date: April 28. The weather is calm and every human being, in other words, everyone. The people are at work or having fun at the park.

That is where I was at! At the Philadelphia, New Jersey Park. I was up in a tree to...okay, I know what you are thinking. You were thinking that I was speaking metaphorically. Well, technically I was not. I was being serious. I was laying on one of the strong tree branches that are within the tree. So, I was been able to see a view of the clouds that are within the sky. Never know how Nut's dress could be this pretty. But anyway, you cannot miss me since I was up on a tree.

Let me give you a detail of what I usually look like.

I may look like a seventeen-year-old, but in real life, I was not. But my age is not important right now, so let me cut to the chase. Anyway. My skin is normal with a light tan in the mix. My hair is short and black, and my eyes are burnt red-amber that I have almost inherited by my father. But...I am also wearing a crimson-red, short, sleeveless shirt, and a black, leather jack. I am also wearing navy-blue jeans with a belt that is around my waist. I am also wearing my favorite high-heel, black boots that I got from a friend that I do not want to discuss. Do not want to scare you of course. But...that is not all that I am wearing. You see, I am also wearing a leather black collar that I got from my dad. It may be as sturdy as my boots were, but it has some jewelry attached to it. For instance, the jewelry is mostly three to four things. The three jewelry that mostly are the weapons that I could basically use for fighting. Although, I use magic too for using emergencies or for combat. But the problem is that...I only could use it later because it is very complicated for me to tell. However, my fourth jewel is been made by my father. He made it especially for me, so I will not be alone. To know that he will always be beside me when he is not around. The jewel that is clipped or sawed to the collar. (That you might say that instead of something else.) Is a flower that is a ruby gem. And that gem once was belonged to my mother. The mother that I have never got a chance to know about.

(Here's what Anubia looks like and the items that she uses

(Here's what Anubia looks like and the items that she uses. Hope that it would help.)

To all the people that live all around the world, knowing that they have pictures, altars, or anything that could hold memories of dead or missing relatives. That they love and missed. But to me, all I have is a signal gem. To have a piece of her to be with. Knowing that she is in the afterlife, but she still always with me. Not even knowing it quite literally.

Well, since that is all the past and there is no going back to it. But right now, I have given you enough information about myself and some about my past. But let us cut the chase and get back to the story.

Since I was watching the sky that is filled with clouds and light. It always calms me and brings me comfort. Guess that's how Nut was a mother, to begin with. But the day is also peaceful and quiet. A perfect day for me to take a nap on a tree branch. Suddenly, the sound of whimpering has disturbed me from sleep. "Mommy, mommy." A voice of a little boy cried out. Cautiously, I quietly and slowly sat up on the tree branch, so it will not break and let me fall. I looked down below and saw a little boy that is holding a frisbee and a dog's leash in on hand. And I also saw a woman that is also with him, believing that the woman must be the little boy's mother. Listening from above, I can hear that the boy is panting and crying at the same time. "I can't find him," the boy cried out.

"Can't find who dear?" the little boys' mother asked,

"Max," the boy answered. "I can't find Max! I've looked everywhere for him,"

"Calm down dear," his mother spoke to her son calmly. "Max will show up soon, he probably chasing a squirrel right about now. That could be the only reason why we cannot find him,"

"Guess so," the boy shrugged as he is wiping his tears.

"Hey," the boys' mother smiled. "Since we can't find Max maybe he can always find us. Since he always knows where our scents could lead him to,"

"Yeah but...I hope that he could do it before the dog catcher could find him first before Max could find us."

"Don't worry dear," the boy's mother put her hand on her sons' shoulder. "Max is smart, he knows how to hide from trouble. Including the dog catchers. And that also includes your father. I am sure that Max will return to us soon, on his own time. I believe,"

"Do...do you really think so?"

"I know so," she put her forehead against her sons' forehead.

Both she and the little boy lightly chuckled,

"Now," the little boys' mother stand up straight. "Speaking of which, let's get home to make some dinner. Maybe Max has already beaten us there by now,"

"Yeah, probably your right." The little boy smiled, "Max how always know that he can always find his way home."

"I'm glad to hear that," the little boys' mother smiled at the son. "Now let's go home,"

"Okay," then the little boy and his mother have started to walk out of the park, and I was now alone again.

(Okay, I admit. I was a little bit jealous of a mother and a child could easily have a relationship and understanding that I have never experienced before. But I was a little over that.)

Since both, the boy and his mother have fully left the park. I was still up on a branch and completely alone. As I was sitting there, I can feel my bangs are covering my eyes with the words that I have heard about. About the knowledge of a relationship that lives between a dog young boy that lives around nowadays.

But deep down inside of me, I almost began to have a debate about something that I have witnessed today. My debate is to stay put and leave things alone or go find the dog for that boy.

Oh, what the heck, I've already a decision. My decision is to find that dog of his. So, I have jumped out of the tree and landed on my feet without a scratch. I looked around and made sure that I was completely alone. As the area is clear, I kneeled, and put my hands and face to the ground. So, I could be able to pick up any scent that could relate to the boy that I have smelled earlier.