Chapter 6: Blockade ~ A Confronting Challenge

BLOODY HELL!! Within the name of Ra, how did those Spirits of the Shadow Realm get their bloody, mummified hands to get a hold of this bloody mic?!

Sorry. This is the first time to hear them speak so clearly through the mic when I wasn't around. But anyway, let me rewind the story before getting to the part where I was yelling the word "Nut-Brain" and getting that Switch Blade Demon's attention, and getting it mad at me.

Hold on for a moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. When I left the alley and started to follow the scream that I have heard before. But every single time that I take a step, I can feel the wavelengths of Ma'at. Aka, magic. Or it can be the Egyptian Goddess. But please. Do not mistake is with the Egyptian Goddess who is too named Ma'at. The Goddess of Truth, it will bring out a very bad consequence. Trust me, I know.

But deep within my spin, I have begun to follow magic instead. But every time that I get closer to the magic's pinpoint. Suddenly, my nose has started to twitch. And I could barely smell a thing. "Okay, I hope that I don't get near to any cats that live within the area," I muttered to myself. Please, do not ask me why that part. That part will come to you in time. But right now, when I get closer. All at once, I heard a sound. But it was not the sound of a scream that I have heard from earlier. Not even the sounds of bullets from mortals. It sounded more like, the sound of swords clashing to each other. So, I have turned to the corner of my left. I have found an alley that has a boy, who looks like he is within the age of 20-30 years old. No idea how he looks like the age of a teenager, but he is fighting against a SwitchBlade Demon. I must admit, he is not a bad fighter, who is fighting against the SwitchBlade Demon. Yet alone wielding a khopesh within his fight. A khopesh is an ancient Egyptian sword, that would be used within combat.

So, I crossed my arms and begun to watch how the boy is doing and see that he could win. Plus, I must butt myself out during that time.

§§§§§§§§§

Okay, maybe I have spoken too soon about that. Since I have seen his blind spot has been open a few times. Like being cut at the arm, punched in the gut, and hit his head to the wall. Ouch, I thought. That will give him a concussion for a week or so, however. He did a pretty good job, But when I saw the SwitchBlade Demon twirled two knives within its two hands.

You see, the SwitchBlade Demon has only four arms with red-orange scaly skin with silver spikes on its head, shoulders, and elbows. Have you ever seen the faces of the skull-like face that has been mummified within the Egyptian Exhibit? Well, think what face has, along with sharp teeth, piercing yellow eyes instead of black, and sharp claws. But to my almost stuffed up nose, I cannot tell that he was about to pounce on the boy. I have growled within my throat. And within my gut, I could no longer keep my mouth shut. "Hey!" I shouted, "Nut-Brain!" I watched the SwitchBlade Demon nearly tipped himself over with its body expressed with confusion. I chuckled a bit. It gets them every time, I thought. Wonder why I called them that? Sometimes that I have thought that they have a brain that is the size of a nut. Hey, if T-Rex (Tyrannosaurus Rex) is still around. I will say this to them, "No advance T-Rex, but I believed that this demon's brain is much smaller than yours. Plus, it is a better nickname for them, instead of you." Anyway...

"Within the name of my lord, Apophis." The SwitchBlade Demon growled its hiss, "Who have even dared to call me by that name?"

I have cleared my throat, then the SwitchBlade Demon turned to me.

Growling at me.

"You demons may have thought that all of this is just a game to you, don't you?" I asked with my arms crossed across my chest. "But within the real life, it is a crime. It is known as, murder."

"You..." the SwitchBlade Demon hissed, "You can see me?"

I felt my eyes gotten cold, "See, smell, everything. It's not so hard to ignore,"

"Well," the SwitchBlade Demon narrowed its eyes at me. "I'll deal with you later because I have a business to deal with first." He waved his hand as it tried to shoo me away.

I chuckled. Yeah right, I thought to myself. As if, I chuckled more as I put my hands on my hips. "Well, now I'm your blockade."

The SwitchBlade Demon turned to me angrily. "What?" it growled,

"You heard me," I growled back. "You have to get past me to get to them," I just guessed it since my nose is nearly stuffed up. But my other senses are still active. With my strong sense of hearing, I can easily hear two other heartbeats and breathes nearby. Do not know whose it belongs to, but I kept my eyes locked on the SwitchBlade Demon.

"In your voice," the SwitchBlade Demon growled. "Is that a challenge?"

"Perhaps," I smirked. "But the only way to be sure about it. Is to find out for yourself,"

"With pleasure," the SwitchBlade Demon licked his lips as he prepares his strength as our eyes grew even colder while we are preparing ourselves.