choked

^above is a reference of what the apartment complex looks like^

tw//abuse

earlier that morning

"TOGA, QUIT JUMPING AROUND." Shigaraki rasped. "You'll draw attention to us."

"You're the one dragging Dabi and I outside like a family outing! Besides, I'm excited to be surrounded by so many people." She blushed.

"We aren't here to do villian shit. Just to purchase some groceries." He sighed.

"Kinda weird that we do such normal things like that." Toga mumbled through her lips.

Dabi remained quiet as he followed behind them, his hands in his hoodie pocket. He stared at his feet as he walked, hiding his face from the outside world.

The sound of chatter and laughter filled the busy streets of Musutafu. Car horns beeped loudly, train tracks rattled as the metros zoomed by, and faint music played as it came from the center of the city.

"Dabi, Toga, let's split up. Toga, buy the necessities. Dabi, buy the groceries." Shigaraki commanded.

"And what will you buy boss." Toga squinted as Shigaraki dropped money into her hands. "The non-necessities. Twice wants a... a paddle ball." Shigaraki sighed.

"Paddle ball? Can you buy me one two!" Toga smiled. Shigaraki rolled his eyes. "Split up, and meet back at the hideout. No. Funny. Business."

________

Dabi walked through the busy streets, two bags of groceries in his hands. He kept his eyes glued to the concrete. If there was one thing Dabi despised in this world besides heroes...it was going in public. Just as he looked up to adjust his mask, a woman with long brown hair jogged towards him, her highlights gleaming in the sun.

A weird sensation overcame him. His surroundings felt oddly slowed, as he turned to watch the woman dash past him. Her hair flowed gracefully behind her, her hazel eyes shining brightly with panic.

The women disappeared into the crowd. Dabi felt the sudden urge to follow her. He slowly turned around, weaving in and out of the crowd to follow the woman.

After trailing behind her for about 5 minutes, he arrived to a more secluded, rural part of the city. The woman ran up the stairs of an apartment complex, her purse clinging onto her shoulder. Dabi stepped behind a nearby truck, then lightly ran towards the stairs.

"WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!" A man shouted from one of the apartments. Dabi inched up the open stairwell to the second floor.

"I'm sorry! I slept over at a friends and I forgot I had work later-"

A loud slap echoed into the hall. Dabi was taken aback.

Was she just...hit?

"You're useless! If you don't pay rent soon, I'll kill you with my bare hands!" A groggy voice shouted.

"M-Mom?"

"He's right. You hoe around from man to man, barely keeping a job, drinking day and night! We don't even want you here, but we allow you to stay because of the money you bring to the table!"

Another loud slap came from the room. The woman screamed, a loud thump shaking the floor. "How did my daughter become such a whore! If you don't bring money by the end of the week, I'll hit you till you're on the brink of death!!" The man yelled.

"D-Dad-OW!" She cried, another hit landing to her face. "What, y/n!!? Are you going to give us more bullshit on how you're trying your best!!?"

Dabi's heart dropped, a pit forming in his stomach.

...Y/n...

Dabi recalled the woman's characteristics. Her appearance was almost uncanny to his childhoods' friend. As Dabi took a step forward, the man stumbled outside, holding his daughters neck.

Dabi quickly turned around and hid behind the wall next to the stairwell, peeking around the corner.

The man gripped his hand tightly around the woman's neck, picking her up off the ground. The woman was scratching at his arms, begging for him to put her down. After a few moments, the man threw the woman into the metal railing outside of the apartment.

She gasped heavily for air, tears streaming down her face. "Don't come back until tonight. We don't want to see your face in broad daylight. It's disgusting to look at." The father spat, slamming the apartment door.

The woman leaned against the metal bar railing, panting and crying. Her voice was barely escaping her bruised neck as she whimpered to herself. Dabi leaned against the wall, not baring another moment to watch the girl in pain.

He clenched the grocery bags angrily,and took in a deep breath, as quietly walked back down the staircase.

Hang in there, y/n....

I'll be back.