beginning

Y/N WOKE UP, GASPING FOR AIR

Y/N WOKE UP, GASPING FOR AIR. The atmosphere was freezing cold, goosebumps forming on her arms. The empty room was painfully silent. The walls were constructed of dark, red bricks, and the floor was paneled with wood.

Where am I? God, my head is killing me.

She tried to move her arms to hold her head, but realized they were tied behind her, around the chair she was sitting in. Her ankles were tied to the legs of the chair as well, the rope tightly knotted.

Y/n gasped, trying to wiggling out of the thick rope. But it was no use.

What's going on!? What happened!?

The wooden door suddenly creaked open. Y/n froze, sweat running down her face. A patched-work man stepped into the room, no emotion written on his face.

"Any attempt to use your quirk, and I'll cremated you." He threatened.

_____________

15 years ago

"Touya-chan! Fuyumi-kun!" Y/n waved excitedly from outside their house gates, clinging on tightly to her book bag. "Oi, Y/n-chan!" Fuyumi waved with her free hand, as her other hand held Natsou's, their younger brother.

"Ready for our first day of 3rd grade Touya-chan?" Y/n asked excitedly, linking arms with her beloved friend. He shrugged. "You're oddly excited."

"Because we're in the same class! I can't wait!" She smiled, her british accent poking through her japanese sentences.

Touya watched as her eyes twinkled with excitement, her freshly pulled back ponytail already falling out of her hair tie.

Touya loved every part of y/n. They way she talked. Her light brown, curly hair. Her tan brown skin. Her light green eyes. How she was healthily plump for a kid her age.

Touya and y/n have been close for years, and for years to come. And Touya never wanted to leave her side.

But that changed all too quickly.

...

Y/n waited outside of the Todoroki residence, at age fourteen, prepared to attend her first day of eighth grade with her best friend.

Fuyumi left the house first, Natsuo trailing behind her with their little brother Shoto. As they left the gate, y/n patted little Shoto's head. "Good morning!" She smiled to him.

Shoto reached his arms out. Y/n chuckled, picking him up and holding him like the little kid he still was. Y/n looked at Fuyumi. "Where's Touya-chan?"

Fuyumi and Natsou glanced at each other, sadness written on their faces. "Father is keeping him inside for training. He'll be homeschooled from now on."

Y/n's heart dropped. "...Will I be able to see him again?"

Fuyumi avoided eye contact. "I'm not so sure." She whispered. Y/n was speechless.

After that day, y/n returned to the Todoroki residence every morning to walk to the bus stop with her friends, hoping one day Touya would walk out with his blank look, internally happy to see her again.

...But Touya never did.

Y/n transferred private schools a year later, and officially said goodbye to the Todoroki's.

But never officially said goodbye to Touya.