Chapter 21 ~ Gender Reveal

Lily P.O.V

Closing my eyes, I squeeze Scorpius' hand as the healer waves her wand against my just showing-stomach, and open them to see a projection of our baby. "Here's the head, and if we look down here, we can see that you're having a beautiful baby girl!"

"We're having a girl!" I squeal, and tears make their way down my face, "I don't know why I'm crying I'm just so happy!"

"A beautiful little girl..." Scorpius mutters, a large - almost goofily so - smile on his face.

The healer waits for us to finish our initial excitement before asking how many copies of the ultrasound we'd like. "Six please," I smile and she nods before leaving the room.

"Six?" Scorp asks and I nod.

"Two for us, one for my parents, one for your parents, one for my grandparents, and one extra."

"Okay," he smirks, "that's perfect."

"We could make another copy if your grandparents want them, but I know you don't like them very much," I add the last part a little sadly, feeling bad for Scorpius and his family - so different from mine.

"They can have one if they ask. They won't though," he replies, though I can tell he didn't really want me to hear the second part. I don't have time to reply to him, as the Healer comes in and hands us the copies, telling us we're free to go.

~

I shudder from the tube-like feeling of apparition and head inside, plopping down on the couch in the living room. "Scorry?"

"Yeah lils?" He replies as I pull him down on the couch next to me.

"Doesn't Phoe want to learn how to make/decorate cakes?" I ask him, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, why?" He asks as I feel the faint tug of him playing with my hair.

"What if we have her make a cake and have a gender reveal party? I mean, it's not traditional for us to know, but for the rest of our family? It'd be fun!"

"Yeah, that sounds nice. Let's owl her." I agree as I call for my owl, who flies downstairs and lands on the edge of the couch, paper and quill in her beak.

Dear Phoenix,

I remember you wanted to work on cake decorating! We just found out the gender of the baby and were wondering if you'd make a cake for a gender reveal party?

I mean, we already know what it is, so it won't be traditional, but when are we? I was still thinking about the colored inside and I believe you can think of something interesting for the outside. Please?

If you want to, come over soon so we can tell you!

Thanks,

Lily and Scorpious

Handing the envelope to Snow, I watch as her white shape flies off into the distance. Closing my eyes, I think about various things, including what I want to do for a nursery, being lucky enough to not have gotten any morning sickness, and that I really want chocolate.

"Anything you need?" Scorp asks and I look at him blankly.

"You can read my mind and you're asking me what I want?"

"Well, you see, I'm having more and more trouble with that the further along you get. I think that one might be immune to it," he pokes my stomach with the word "that" and chuckles a bit.

"Oh, well I want chocolate, chocolate, and oh did I mention chocolate?" He laughs and nods, getting up.

"Why can't you just accio it?" I pout, pulling him back down.

"You ate it all, I have to go get more," I shake my head at this.

"Noooooo stay here!"

"Okay, okay, I'll just send an owl to your dad asking him to get some on his way home."

After a while of cuddling him, I get up and answer a confused look of his with, "Don't worry I just have to pee."

He insists on walking me up to the staircase to my bathroom (which is my favorite in the house). When I walk out, I notice another door on my floor. That's never been there before. "Mum?" I ask, calling down to my mom who was in her room, and she makes her way up quickly, followed by Scorpious.

"Yes, sweetie?" She asks and I point to the door.

"When did that appear? I've never seen this door before."

"It was Teddy's nursery. Dad and I hid it after he was put into his room. It has a door that connects it to your room too. We hid it because we put a lot of sad pictures that we couldn't stand looking at anymore in there," she sighs, her eyes slightly sad as she remembers back to the pre-war world, "I figured you could use it as the nursery."

I smile and nod at her words, hugging her as tears fill my eyes. Scorpius opens the door for us, and all three of us enter.

"So, are you going to tell me the gender?" Mum asks.

"Not yet Ginny," Scorp answers first, "We have a plan that we'll hopefully execute."

She nods at his words and looks around, "I figured we'd move these to a different room."

There are pictures of the order, of Teddy's parents, Dad's parents, and many others. I start bawling and Scorp rubs my back as he waves his wand and they are all stored away in separate boxes. "Maybe we can put these out, but only one or two in a room. It'll seem less sad that way," I suggest and Mum nods. They bring them downstairs somewhere while I think about what to do with the room.

I wait for Scorp to come back and he does so alone. "I was thinking, for the theme we could make it a castle. For our little princess."

"That sounds perfect," he replied, and I feel a slight weight as he wraps his arms around my waist, resting his chin on the top of my head. Smiling, I lean back against his body and we stood there for a while, staring at the empty room.

"I'm tired," I mutter after a while and let out a surprised squeal as he picks me up bridal style. We go through the door connecting to my room, and he sets me down on the bed. After softly shutting the door, he walks over to the bed. He lays down and I cuddle with him as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me close to him.

"Sleep well Lils," He kisses my forehead softly and I listen to his quiet breathing as I drift away into sleep.