Chapter 8 ~ Arguments and Fairy Wings

Scorpious P.O.V

Monday morning, I wake up to arguing between my roommates. Sitting up, I look over to see Albus fighting with one of our friends.

"YOU WILL NOT TALK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!" Albus yells, stepping towards him.

"Why can't I call her an S-L-U-"

"DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT WORD!" He yells, stepping closer to him.

"T!" He finishes, and I sit up, standing up from my bed, curious about who is the subject of their argument.

Albus turns redder than his mother's hair and screams, "MY SISTER IS NOT A-"

As soon as he says sister, I walk closer to our friend and punch him in the face, "Don't you dare say that again!"

Albus then punches me in the face as a response, "Y'know, you're a GIT! You hurt my cousin, just because you fancy my sister, who would NEVER go out with you, even if my dad allowed her too!"

The words hit me hard. I clench my hand up in a fist to fight back but quickly drop it. Ignoring Albus, I get dressed and go to eat. After eating, I run to my class and make it in at the exact moment the bell rang.

"Thank you for joining us, Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall says curtly, "Please take your seat."

Even though she was headmistress now, she still teaches transfiguration. After all my classes are over, I run into Lily in one of the tunnels, "Sorry!" Lily hugs me, laughing a bit.

"It's okay. I should be apologizing, as I was the one who ran into you."

She shrugs, "Apology accepted!"

"I gotta go, I have to go up to the owlery and send this letter to my father," I shrug, not super excited.

"I was going to the owlery anyway!" She perks up, smiling.

"Then why were you walking the other way?"

"You missed the tunnel that takes you to the owlery, silly!" She giggles as we turn around and start walking to the owlery.

"I just realized... Whatever happened to your fairy wings? In your first year, you were wearing them every day, then one day you took them off and never wore them again."

"R-rose told me that the boy I liked would never want me if I wore them," She looks down, blushing a bit.

"Who did you like?" I start, jealous, "Did Rose know who it was? Also, how did she know?"

"No, she didn't know. I liked-no like you-and she was dating you, so I figured-well-I figured she would know. Since she said that you wouldn't like a girl who wore fairy wings-as an example for me to stop wearing them-I thought you didn't like them," She sniffles.

"Well, she lied."

"Really? Y-you liked the fairy wings?!" She seems to perk up, smiling.

"Yeah," I nod, smiling at her.

"Oh... I still have them! I can start wearing them again! Then Rose will never know we're together because she thinks you hate them, so she'll think I'm trying to make you go away! Which, I'm not, of course!"

"That sounds like a good plan," I laugh, kissing her on the forehead.

"Looks like we're here!" She says, leaving the tunnel that lands just outside the owlery. I watch as Snow, her owl, flies to her. My owl, Ninja, lands on my arm, and I pet him, giving him a small treat before I tie the letter to him and tell him to take it to my father.

"Well, I'm going to go. I have to go clean my wings off! Also, I have to do my homework-oh by the way, can you help me study for potions tomorrow?!" She looked at me, expectantly.

"Yeah. 3 o'clock?"

"Perfect!"

Lily's P.O.V

As I run back to my dorm to grab my fairy wings, I almost run into James. Heh, that'd be two people.

"Sorry big bro. It's been a while," I smile awkwardly. We don't talk much during the school year, as he's in a different house and has a different group of friends.

"Yeah, how are you?"

"Good!"

"That's good. I heard about that nonsense with Scorp. Are you doing okay with all that? That must've been a shock. I've wanted to come and find you, but I don't seem to have any breaks from studying."

"Yeah, I've kind of just accepted it as something I can't help. Rose hates me, and it feels as if half of the family probably does too. It's not like I asked for it."

"Yeah, I get that. Well, I gotta go study for my NEWTS, have a good day," he nods at me and walks away.

"Yeah, you too," I start running back to my dorm, thinking about how much more mature he seems at school than he does over the summers.

When I finally reach my dorm, I open my trunk and find the wings. They don't flutter as much as they used to, so I re-do the charm that my mother told me to do before I left home during my first year. After doing some quick, silent spells to clean them off and make them flutter again, I put them with my robes for tomorrow. Grabbing my homework, I sit in the common room and finish it. Just as I finish it up, I hear an explosion from my dorm.

"I'm alright!" Dom's voice yells inside, and I head up to see her standing over her trunk, with her stuff scattered all over the floor. Must've been experimenting with spells again - an unfortunate but common occurrence in Ravenclaw.

"Oh Dom," I shake my head, "What are we gonna do with you?"

"Help me?" She asks in a questioning tone.

"Yeah, yeah," I wave my wand, and all her stuff flies back in the trunk.

"Why are your fairy wings out? I forgot about those. Why'd you stop wearing them again?" Dom asks me.

"Rose told me that no guys would like me if I kept wearing them," I reply, shrugging.

"Oh. I get it! She said that when she was dating Scorpius, so you're wearing them to keep him away. Smart."

"Yeah, it is." Phoenix scares us both by walking in, "Sorry," She giggles.

Dom throws a pillow at her, "Take that!"

"Okay, I surrender," She laughs, raising her arms above her head.

Looking out our window, I realize it's already night. I must've been doing homework all day. Damn. I missed dinner.

"We should probably get to bed," I change into my pajamas and head to bed, saying my goodnights.