Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning of it all

Lily's POV

"Honey, get out here!" The voice of my mum rings out from the other side of my bedroom door.

"I'm coming," I reply, taking one last look around my room before grabbing my trunk and heading downstairs. I set my trunk down on top of Albus' and James', and grab a piece of toast.

"Where are your fairy wings, Lily?" Dad asks me, looking over his newspaper.

"They're next to my coat," I reply, biting into my toast and finishing it quickly. Growing up the younger sister of three brothers teaches you to eat fast.

"Hurry up, guys, we only have thirty minutes, and I want you guys there early," Mum starts, "Albus, James' apparate with your dad, Lily, come with me. Everyone, grab your trunk."

"Yes, mum," all three of us kids say at once, and we each grab our trunks.

"Let's go." Mum looks at me. We go through the sickening tube-like feeling of apparating, and we land somewhere outside of King's Cross Station. Walking inside, we make our way to Platforms 9 and 10. I had walked through the barrier countless times, but never as a student myself. "Ready Lily?"

"Yeah!" I squeal before running through the brick barrier. The fairy stuck to my back with a temporary sticking charm performed by my mum bob behind me. Spotting the scarlet Hogwarts Express cutting sharply against the blue sky, I let out a gasp. While I've seen it many times before, the sight is still impressive. Albus and James run onboard as I turn around and face my parents, tears filling my eyes. "Bye mummy, bye daddy, I promise I'll write!" I chirp, hugging them both one last time.

"Bye, sweetie. Good luck!"

Turning to face the train, I grab my trunk and walk aboard, looking in the compartments for my brothers and cousins. Not paying attention, I run into a tall, blonde boy with dull eyes. "S-Sorry. Oh, hey, Scorp! You didn't come over much this summer." I mutter, tilting my head at him.

"It's okay. You're right; I was... busy." He replies bluntly, with a blank look on his face.

"Uhm-Do you happen to know where the Potters and Weasleys are?" I ask, laughing, "Albus and James ran off without me."

"Yeah, here follow me." He leads me to a compartment full of mostly red-headed children of various ages.

When we get into the compartment, I run up to Dominque, who I'll admit is my favorite cousin. "DOM!" I scream, hugging her, "Hey Albus, hey James, Rose, everyone else."

They all respond with their own "hey," and I hear James comment about me playing favorites.

"Wow, you weren't lying when you said you'd be wearing your fairy wings," Dom laughs.

"When have I ever lied to you?"

"Good point."

Quickly, I decided to go and change into my school robes, before taking out my sketchbook and drawing for the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts. A couple of sketches of my family later and the train has stopped. The first years are instructed to follow Hagrid and corralled onto small, rickety boats with no visible paddles.

With a lurch, the boats move forward over the black, glassy lake. There is a chorus of gasps when all of us first years see Hogwarts for the first time. It's so beautiful, much more than it had ever been described to us-the wizard-born, at least. Wow, this place is fantastic.

"I heard that usually, the Ravenclaws hang out with the Slytherins and Hufflepuffs, while Gryffindors stay away from people outside their house," Dominique informs me quietly on the boat ride as we draw closer to the large castle.

The beginning of the sorting went by quickly, as I wasn't paying full attention to it. Suddenly, I hear McGonagall call out a name that startled me, "Malfoy, Phoenix." Does Scorpius have a sister?

The hat sat there for a second, appearing to be stumped. After some time, it let out a booming "RAVENCLAW!" Not Slytherin?

"I didn't know Scorpius had a younger sister," I whisper to Dom, and she shrugs as she replies.

"I didn't either."

Finally, after a while, I hear, "Potter, Lily." There's nothing like hearing the name "Potter" that makes a crowded room silence themselves, even all these years after the war. Shivering with anxiety, I walk up to the stool and sit down, setting the hat atop my head.

"Hmmm... Great mind, brave, cunning Not a Hufflepuff." the hat pondered for a while, "A Potter and a Weasly," The hat sits silently for a little while, before it finally decides, "RAVENCLAW!"

The roar from Ravenclaw was so loud that if you were sitting outside of the great hall, you would've thought there was a thunderstorm inside. After a while, Dom got sorted into Ravenclaw along with me. There were only three new girls in Ravenclaw this year and a couple of new guys. We start talking to the other girl, wanting to learn more about her.

"Hi! I'm Lily! Nice to meet you!"

"Hey," she replies, sounding nervous.

"This is my cousin Dominique, but everyone calls her Dom."

"Hey," Dom waves.

"I'm Phoenix Malfoy."

"Nice to meet you," Dom and I say at the same time.

"I like your wings," Phoenix motions toward the fluttering pink wings on my back.

"Thanks," I mutter in response, and we all start eating, not saying much as we are all in awe at the different foods. Once we had all eaten enough to put even my uncle Dudley into a food coma, we stand up and follow our prefects upstairs.