Chapter 14

Still 7th grade.

For the next couple of days, I sulked around.

I know I was rude, I know that I went to far, but I also knew that I really wanted to go. It wasn't fair. I worked just as hard.

I walked into music class and put my backpack on the ground as I sat down with a Thump!

But as soon as I took out my trumpet, Ms. Torres pulled me aside.

"What?" I asked, looking at her.

She was not smiling. She looked... like she pitied me, almost.

"Willow... Principle Bennet would like to see you." She murmured.

I stood up, alarmed.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

Heads turned as she led me out of the classroom.

"What?!" I repeated once the classroom door closed.

"You should go, Willow. I think you will care about what has happened." She said sympathetically.

I walked back in, grabbed my things, put away my trumpet, and walked out the door, ignoring the curious faces.

I got to the office and knocked.

"Ah, Willow," Bennet said. "Come on in."

I followed her into her office.

She directed me to a seat.

I realized two other people were sitting to my right.

I looked over, and realized it was Leanne and Veronica. What did Bennet want with us three?

She clasped her hands in front of her and sighed, looking down.

"I hate to do this to you girls, but I have to," she sighed once more and continued. "Leslie Garcia was injured in an accident on the way to Six Flags." 

Veronica, Leanne, and I jumped up and said in perfect unison, 

"WHAT?!" 

It would have been funny if the atmosphere hadn't been so tense.

"Yes." Bennet confirmed, looking at us in pity.

"Is she alright?" Leanne asked, sounding on the verge of tears.

"I'm afraid I have no knowledge of what has happened except that her father was driving her down. Her mother called me. He is not hurt, it seems to only be Leslie." Bennet looked at her hands.

Tears gathered in my eyes. It was my fault. I was the one who yelled at her, I got mad at her, and if she goes, I will never have the chance to say sorry.

What if she doesn't forgive me?

I don't want to take that chance.

"When can we go see her?" I asked, sitting down once more.

"I'm afraid I don't know, Willow. I don't know where she is either." Bennet sighed.

The atmosphere was so tense you could cut it with a knife and serve it on a platter.

Five minutes later, Veronica, Leanne, and I walked out of the office, excused from the rest of our classes.

We walked to Leanne's house and sat down on her bed.

"It's my fault." I whispered, my head in my hands.

"What?" Veronica murmured.

"I was the one who yelled at her, I was the one that upset her. And I cursed it." I said miserably, my head still in my hands.

"Willa, what in the what are you talking about?" Leanne asked nervously.

I explained what had happened last week.

"Willow, it's not your fault." Veronica reassured.

"Yes, it is! I upset her and did nothing to stop her. If anything, i made her want to go even more because I was jealous. And now she can't even go because she's probably broken her leg or something." I cried, sinking down onto the floor.

"No, Willa, it's not." Leanne said firmly. "And there's no time to think like that. We have to find Leslie and figure out what happened to her stat."

"It'll be challenging, but we'll-" Veronica said, staring at us hard, like we were about to go into war.

"Leanne, it's for you!" Leanne's mother called.

She grabbed the phone eagerly and answered, "Leanne speaking."

"Mhm, yeah... Alright, thanks!" She hung up and bounced up and down excitedly.

"Well, so much for finding Leslie. She's at the *Pine Rest Medical Clinic* and she's broken her arm and twisted her ankle." Leanne stated.

We nodded.

"We're allowed to go visit her soon," Leanne went on, "But we can't go all at once." 

We nodded and separated after a few minutes.

As I walked home, I tried to plan what to say to her.

Hi, Leslie. It's me. I'd like to sincerely apologize-

No, that sounded too formal.

Yo, Les. It's me. I'd like to say sorry-

Oh, who am I kidding. No way am I going to speak like that.

Oh well. I'll figure it out. I had bigger problems.

I just hope Leslie is okay...

*FYI, that is not a real hospital (That I know of). I had to make up one for privacy reasons. If it a real one, well, that's not the one I'm thinking of, because the one I'm thinking of doesn't exist.

Hope you liked the chapter!