Chapter 16

Taking place in November, kind of at the beginning of the year, in 8th grade.

I walked into the building, my swim bag over my shoulder and my cap on tight.

It's an outside pool, and I have never hated that fact so much.

It's so cold, during the winter, especially in November, December, and January.

I set down my stuff and took off my parka.

In walked Liam, and his friends, right as I was grabbing my pair of fins.

Liam, let me tell you, was the most annoying guy to ever walk the planet.

He was just... terrible.

What does he look like?

He has silky, honey brown curly hair, that may or may not make me want to run my hands through it every time I see him. He's tall, slightly tan skin, very sharp facial features. He has hazel-ish green eyes, and slightly rosy cheeks. He has a sharp jawline too, which does not help with his lady problems.

He's a year and a half older than me, and he's, well, I guess you could say my friend.

He's not though, we just talk a lot because I don't know a lot of people on my swim team, besides him and his cronies. So we end up chatting a lot before and after practice

He spotted me, and started walking over.

I had my stuff, and was now only in my bathing suit.

He still had his shirt on, and his cronies were getting ready.

"So, Willow.... how's it goin'? He asked, looking at me as he grabbed his fins.

"I'm good. You?"

"Fine. I got a A- on my most recent math test, which is worse than an A, but better than a B so I'll take it." He commented, pulling his shirt off.

I looked away, knowing that if I were to look at him, my face would look like a tomato.

We walked over to our coach and dove into the water, starting with our 300 freestyle.

Once we finished that, our team did a 300 IM, and then we were warmed up enough.

We did a few drills, and then put our fins on.

We did more drills, and before we knew it, our 1 hour and 30 minute practice was over.

I got out of the pool, dripping wet, my bathing suit sticking to every curve of my body.

Then he climbed out.

I hurried away, since if I stuck around, I would see the outline of a certain thing, which I certainly don't need to see.

It started to drizzle right in the middle of when I was changing clothes.

Great.

Not only will I be cold, I will be a dripping mess too.

I walked out of the Women's Changing Room with my bag, and my parka over my head to protect myself from the now coming down hard rain.

I got to the end of the covered part, took a deep breath, and ran.

I ran across the side of the pool, ignoring the lifeguard, which I know I shouldn't have, but I didn't wan to get soaked.

I got to the other covered part and sighed.

One more sprint to the bus stop and then I'll be good.

I got to the gate, and said, "Okay, Willow. Let's do this."

I took another deep breath and was about to run when a deep voice said, "Need a hand?"

I turned and said, "Yes, please."

It was Liam.

He had an umbrella in his hand, and he opened it.

He slung an arm around my shoulders, and we walked outside, trying to hurry.

After a while, I started to notice how well-built his arm was.

I was turning into one of those pathetic girls, and I knew it, but I couldn't help it.

We reached the bus stop, and soon his mom's car pulled up.

"Why does your mom pick you up at the bus stop?" I asked.

He looked down at me. Did I mention that he's SUPER tall and that I'm SUPER short?

"I told her to come meet me here. Do you want a ride?"

"I-if it wouldn't be too much trouble..." I stammered.

"Of course, come on!" 

We hopped into the car, and his mom said, "Oh, is this the girl you mentioned? Willow, was it?"

Liam nodded, and said in a strained voice, "Yes mom. Now, you need her address, don't you? Ask her for her address."

I giggled.

His mom turned to look at me.

I noticed, that even in the dark, I could tell he got her eyes.

"Boys are strange sometimes, aren't they, dear? And, what's your address?" his mom chuckled.

"Willow's Address," I replied.

She nodded and drove us there.

When we got there, I got out of the car, thanked Liam and his very kind mom, and ran to my door.

I unlocked the door, and my mom was there, looking distressed.

"What's wrong?" I asked, setting down my things.

"What took you so long?!" she cried.

"I thought something had happened!" she hugged me.

I hugged her back, confused.

"What do you mean, it's only...." I glanced at the clock on the wall. "9:45?!" I shrieked.

"What?!" 

How did it get that late?

Must have been Liam.... 

Gosh.

I ran up to bed, trying to fall asleep as quickly as possible.

I had homework that I wanted to get done in the morning, and that wasn't going to happen if I can't manage to wake up.