Chapter 15

Skipping a bit, sorry! I have to skip so that I can get to the important chapters (not that this one isn't important). Hope you like it!

I was finally allowed into the hospital.

I practically ran to the bus stop, wanting to get there as soon as possible.

As soon as it stopped, I jumped off, put on the 'Visiting' sticker, and ran to the elevator.

"Room 349, level 6, please." I said breathlessly to the lady in the elevator.

She nodded, looking amused.

"Your boyfriend injured?" She asked, smirking.

I glared at her, and replied.

"No, my friend. And it's my fault." I hung my head, my thoughts rushing through my thick headed skull.

She blinked, and then looked more sympathetic.

"What'd you do, if I may ask?" 

I explained it all. It felt good. Like I was making up for my terrible actions, by telling this apparently very nice woman.

Weird how my mind works.

She smiled when I finished, basically gasping for breath.

"I'm sure Leslie will forgive you." she grinned.

"I hope s- Wait.... how did you know her name? I didn't tell you." I asked, my head turning slowly.

"I'm her Aunt Jillian." the woman explained.

"She really has great friends." 

I blushed, and said, "Thank you, Miss. And I'm sorry." 

We had arrived at my floor then, so I said, good-bye to Ms. Jillian, and walked out of the elevator.

I reached Room 349 and raised my hand to knock.

I hesitated.

What if Leslie hated me? What if she was mad? What if? What if?

I shook my head.

Even if she was, I deserve it.

I made the mistakes, and I deserve a punishment for it.

I raised my hand higher and knocked three times.

I could hear the scrambling of feet from inside, and then the door was opened.

It was Leslie's mom.

"Hi, Mrs.-" I started to say, before I was pulled into a big hug.

"Oh, Willow, dear! Leslie has been asking to see you! I'm so glad you're here. Come on in."

I followed her in, and she stopped at what I assume is Leslie's bed.

Leslie was reading, with a glass of cucumber water beside her bed.

I refrained from laughing.

Leave it to Leslie to always have cucumber water nearby.

She looked up when Mrs. Garcia whacked her lightly on the shoulder.

"Ahem, you have a visitor." Mrs. Garcia said, pointing out the obvious.

For a while, we just stared at each other.

Then, I couldn't handle the silence.

"Leslie, I-" 

But apparently, nor could she, for she had spoken at the exact same time.

"Willow, I'm-"

We both stopped and then burst out laughing.

"You go first," I gestured.

She continued to say, "Willow, I'm so sorry forgetting mad at you that day. You didn't deserve it, and you were mad, and  got mad, and I just lost it. I shouldn't have lost my temper, and you're right, it isn't fair, and you should have gone in my place." she looked down.

"No, Leslie, it was my fault. I caused this, and if it hadn't happened, many things would not be the way they are now. I'm the one who should be sorry." 

I got closer to the bed and tried to hug her.

She hugged back, as well as she could manage with a broken arm (I had figured that out, and it seems to only be that that was broken).

We talked for a while, and then it was time for me to go home. 

I got home, feeling relieved.

Leslie was my friend again.