Chapter 17

Warning. This chapter could trigger depression or anxiety. Read if you are okay with that.

I rushed to school the next day, nearly forgetting to grab my freshly completed assignments as I flew out the door.

I managed to make it through the day, despite the fact that I got less sleep.

Later that day, at swim practice, I was too tired to even do dives.

Liam pulled me aside and asked if I was okay.

I said I was, since there isn't anything wrong with me, I'm just tired.

When I got to swim practice the next day, it was pouring buckets. Whoever controls the weather must've gotten dumped or something.

Our coach decided to cancel today's practice and just order pizza (Since practice starts around 7-ish, we can't eat dinner because we'd throw up)

He asked around for our orders and I decided on a salad. 

Pizza was too heavy to eat this late plus it's junk food. Salad is a little bit better.

We (The team) sat on the wall and watched the rain hit the windows hard.

I excused myself from the table and got up to go to the bathroom.

I noticed that one of the girls on the team followed me in.

Her name was Ara, and she was new. I didn't know much about her except that she followed Liam around 24/7 (Which I'll admit bother me a tiny bit).

I walked into a stall and was about to lock the door when a hand stuck itself between the door and the lock.

"I don't think so," she said in her annoying, high-pitched voice.

"Excuse me," I said nervously.

She forced the door open and walked in, towering over my cowering figure.

"What do you think you're doing, hanging out with my Liam?!" she shrieked, raising her hand and slapping me across the cheek.

I staggered, falling to the floor.

I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry.

I silently chanted in my head.

I wasn't going to show the reaction she wanted.

"Who do you think you are?!" she yelled.

She raised her hand again and tried to slap me.

I dodged her hand, and ran out of the stall, running as fast as I could.

I ran into the hall where we were eating, a panting, sweaty, disturbed, still-needing-to-pee mess.

I sat down and took a bite of my salad.

I wasn't so hungry anymore.

Everyone looked at me in concern.

No one noticed Ara sneaking in and sitting back down, continuing to eat as if nothing had happened.

"Willa, are you okay?" One of the girls asked. "What happened to your cheek?"

"I-I'm fine, thanks. Don't worry about me." I mumbled, staring down at my bowl.

We all finished dinner in silence, leaving immediately after we finished.

I got onto the bus and sat down.

It had stopped raining by then.

I got home and went straight to bed, ignoring my parents and siblings.

When I woke up the next morning, the first thing I did was throw up.

Two times.

I had had it.

I was done with this.

I picked up our house phone, and I was about to dial Ara's number (No, I'm not a stalker! We have to sign in each day, and to do that, you write your name and phone number. It was visible to everyone.) when there was a knock on the door.

"I'll get it!" My youngest brother yelled up the stairs.

He flung the door open and there, standing tall in front of my brother, who was only wearing pants, was Liam.

I don't think I'd ever been so embarrassed.

"Uh, hi," Liam said, smirking. "This is where Willow lives, right?"

"Yep!" My brother said, being his innocent self.

"Cool. Can I see her?" 

"WILLOW!!!!! SOME COOL DUDE IS HERE TO SE-"

"I know! I'm right here!" I exclaimed, annoyed.

I walked down the stairs and stood in front of the door.

My bother ran off, to go do who knows what.

I locked eyes with Liam, and let him in.

We sat down on the couch, and his eyes strayed from mine.

I followed them and they went up and down my body.

I was suddenly very aware that I had a camisole and a pair of too short to be real short shorts on.

So short that if I bent over, you'd see my butt crack (Sorry for the TMI!).

I ran upstairs and grabbed a cardigan.

I threw it on and ran back down.

"Sorry about that," I said, meaning my clothing and my brother.

He shook his head, the redness of his face still lingering.

"I came to ask if everything is okay."

I looked down, suddenly very interested in the drawstrings on my shorts.

"Nothing happened." I muttered.

He raised a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

"Oh really? Because Ara said otherwise."

My head shot up so fast my neck hurt.

He looked into my eyes, eyebrows that looked like twins raised.

I lost it.

I broke down into tears, tears that had been hidden for the past week.

I sobbed into my hands, feeling so, so, so sorry for myself.

I completely forgot that Liam was there until he said something.

"Uh, um..... Oh, ah..... Well, um..." He stuttered.

Hm?

I looked up, peering through my now puffy eyes to see a very flustered Liam.

Why was he so flustered?

"What?" I asked.

He shook his head.

Boys are so confusing.

We talked for a while more, Liam refusing to tell me what Ara had told him.

After he left, I went upstairs to wash my face.

As I was patting my face dry, I looked into the mirror.

I suddenly understood why he was so flustered.

I was wearing a white camisole with a black bra. The top must have ridden down when I was crying, since I was hunched over and all.

I'm an idiot.