Chapter 10

Still summer, but a couple weeks before school.

I walked into Keyla's house, holding my sleeping bag, overnight bag, and pillow.

"Willow! Welcome, the girls are in the lounge." Mrs. Manata smiled, taking my bag.

I smiled and thank her, walking into the lounge, where I found all four girls.

"Willa! Come join us, we're playing truth or dare." Keyla urged.

I grinned and sat down.

"Okay, Keyla, truth or dare?" Leslie smiled, facing Keyla.

"Dare."

"I dare you to go the rest of the night without underwear." Leslie said thoughtfully.

Isabella and I gagged behind the other three.

Ava was giggling so hard she fell over.

Keyla returned, and the game resumed.

Soon, it was my turn.

"So... Willow. Truth or dare?" Ava asked seriously.

"Um.. Truth, please." I responded.

"Who is your crush, and who has a crush on you?" Ava asked, smirking.

I met her gaze and said, "I don't have a crush on anybody, and I don't know of anybody that has one on me." 

Keyla, Isabella, Leslie, and Ava all roared with laughter.

"That... that is a good one." Isabella wheezed, wiping a tear from her eye.

"What?" I looked curiously around the room. "What'd you mean?"

"Almost every boy in the whole grade fancies you! And those fourth grade boys." Ava explained, her face red from all the laughing.

"Okay, maybe Jamie and the others did, but they don't now! And what are you talking about? The boys are just friends........" I trailed off, remembering all the closeness and the excessive touching.

"Oh." I said quietly.

Leslie shot me a knowing look.

The rest of the night was wonderful, and though I was sad that I would be the only one out of all my friends to attend Meadows Middle School, I would belong somewhere once more, and not be wandering in the darkness.