Chapter 12

Still 6th grade, and this all actually happened.

The next few weeks were pretty uneventful. Besides the fact that I got asked out.

I mean, who asks out a sixth grader?

More importantly, who in their right mind would ask out a sixth grader when they were an eighth grader themselves?!

So, of course, I said no.

I was with some of my friends at the time, and it was funny to watch them react.

Leanne(A new friend I made) just stood there, looking bemused. Leslie started cracking up right as I said no. Veronica(New friend also) was smiling. 

So, after I said no, I explained why. That was even funnier, in my opinion, than saying no. 

"Jake, I'm sorry, and you seem like a really nice guy(Veronica snorted softly), but you are basically three years older than me(Leslie doubled over, laughing her head off), and I don't think I want that kind of relationship with an eighth grader. I'm sorry." I said as apologetically as I could while keeping a straight face(which was kind of hard, due to my friend's antics).

He waved it off and said, "No big deal. Thanks for explaining."

I nodded and watched him walk off.

As soon as we turned a corner, my friends lost it.

"Are you out of your mind?!" they all screamed, tears streaming down their faces.

I frowned, "What?" 

"You just refused the hottest guy in school!" They shouted simultaneously.

"Exactly. I don't want the hottest guy in school as my boyfriend. Looks aren't everything." I replied, walking down the hallway. "I have PE now, bye girls."

"Bye." They called after me, sounding kind of jealous.

I don't get it. Just because he's hot doesn't mean he's smart, or kind, or thoughtful, or understanding. 

Oh well. They can like boys, and I can like different boys. I guess that's just how life is.

So basically, nothing happened this week.