Chapter 5

(My campaign poster) 5th grade, it all happened, hope you like it, and I'm still 10!

I walked into the hall with my poster clutched tightly in my hands. 

It had been close, I nearly left my form at home. Some of my friends are out of the race, their's weren't even signed! They said they are rooting for me.

I took a deep breath and walked into the Gym.

I gasped, slowly spinning around to look at all the posters.

They all looked great! Much better than mine. 

I shyly walked up to Ms. Miller and tapped her on the shoulder.

She spun around.

"Willow! We were waiting for you. Keyla saved you a space on the wall." she pointed to one of my best friends, Keyla, who was jumping up and down, waving her arms.

I waved back, said 'Thanks.' to Ms. Miller, and walked over to her.

"I didn't know you were participating!" I exclaimed as I thumb tacked my poster to the wall.

"I went to Ms. Miller after school and asked. I forgot about the meeting." she told me.

I nodded, and stood back to observe my poster. 

"I think I should have made it better looking. Everybody else's is much better." I frowned.

"No, I like yours!" a voice said from behind me.

I jumped and let out a breath once i saw who is was. Leslie stood there, beaming, her eyes on my poster.

"Thank you." I said, giving her a one-armed hug.

"I like it. It's better than mine, anyway." Keyla put in.

I turned to look at hers and winced on the inside.

Keyla ran last year, and got the fourth grade representative position. Her poster was better last year, though. I have to admit.

"Thank you, and yours is... good!" I finished lamely. 

Keyla smiled.

"May the best win." she held out her hand and I shook it.

She was smiling, but there was a steely glint in her eyes.

Uh-oh. I will be treading on very thin ice for the next couple of weeks. A determined Keyla is like a hungry mountain lion.

She is not satisfied until she has eaten her fill(I just said that aloud and thought, "That sounds wrong but I'm keeping it there for volume!")

So.. how'd you like it? The election will be the next chapter.