Chapter 7

"And the presidents of the school are..."

I sucked in a breath. If I didn't get it, I wouldn't be upset.

Who am I kidding? Of course I would be a bit upset, because everybody would be if they didn't get it, but I had to think positive.

"Drum roll please." Ms. Davis called.

"With 53 votes, we have Isabella Brown!" Lots of clapping.

I clapped as Isabella stood up, beaming like there was no tomorrow.

"And with 54 votes, we have Willow Padley!" 

I gasped as clapping rang out again.

I stood up and beamed at everybody.

"Thank you all for coming and voting!" Ms. Davis called.

As we left, all the fourth grade boys from afterschool jumped on me.

"This is your doing! Thank you all so much!" I cried, tears of happiness in my eyes as I hugged them as hard I as I could.

The hugged back with equal strength.

"Willow, oh, um... what is going on here?" 

I spun around and blushed.

Ms. Miller stood there, smiling serenely and amusedly.

"Oh, Ms. Miller, these are some of my friends from afterschool."

I introduced each one of them, but when I got to Peter, who is known as a trouble maker but is a really sweet boy, she scowled.

"Ah, yes. I know this one." Peter smiled sheepishly and I hurriedly changed the topic.

Soon, we were walking with our arms around each other.

I met my friends and said, "Sorry, guys, I have to go." I kissed each of them on the cheek and left.

"Dude, they like you!" Keyla whispered as we walked away.

"They're just friends, Kay." I whispered back.

"Look at them!" she urged. I turned around.

There were all six of the boys, standing there with awestruck expressions on their faces, their finger touching their cheeks.

"Okay, I believe you. But none of them really have it for me, I mean, otherwise the whole afterschool would know." I agreed then disagreed.

And apparently, they did. 

"You didn't know?!" exclaimed Amanda.

"No. I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff, 'Manda." I said defensively.

"Well, they are always staring at you!" Amanda said, her eyes on her English essay.

I rolled my eyes and carried on with my science homework.

Every now and then, though, I would sneak a glance  at the boys.

I hate to admit it, but she's right. They were staring at me.

It was kind of nice to have somebody who thinks highly of me.

And this is the end of Chapter 7! I think I might do another tonight. It's about to get heavy, everybody, so I suggest you sit down if you aren't doing so already.

Okay, ignore what I said about it getting heavy. Well, I guess you could take it into consideration.

It's about to get more romantic. Not for me, well, kind of, but... well, you'll find out. Sorry for the confusion(if it caused any, I certainly confused myself)