Confessions and Acceptance

"I don't wanna be sad forever, I don't wanna be sad no more. I don't wanna wake up and wonder, 'what the hell am I doing this for?'. I don't wanna be medicated, I don't wanna go through that war."
Sad forever- Lauv

The long awaited Saturday finally came. I'm feeling so many things at once though, I wouldn't mind someone stealing my mind right now, picking at my emotions, and sorting them into files with specific labels. No I'm not crazy. In my opinion, such things should definitely exist. But the universe hardly listens to my brilliant ideas.

Firstly, I'm sad I've only got like one more day left before school starts again. I'm also happy I'll get to see Nimi and spend much needed time with her. I mean no one can be my Luca but she's a nice girl...so yeah. And she has good music tastes. Which to me is a huge deal, thank you very much.

But then that happiness sours when I remember Ashley and Dami would be over too. I have no hard feelings towards Ashely, except the fact that she'll definitely try to jump Moyo. It's Dami I don't want around at all. Ella kind of suddenly switched schools, which made no sense to me. I mean it's literally the last year. But she said it's her mother's decision so that's that. I actually ended up meeting her boyfriend and he's pretty cool...I guess. We still text once in while so there's that.

Just as I'm setting up my room waiting for Nimi's arrival, I hear multiple knocks at the door. Loud multiple knocks. Definitely Deji.

"Moyo get the door!" I shout at my brother.

"Why? You get it. I'm in the toilet." His replied just as loud.

"Toilet? Doing what?"

"Well I don't know. I'm having a conversation with the toilet water while cooking bars of soap. The sink says hi though." I swear I don't know who's more sarcastic between the two of us. I'm pretty sure it's unhealthy.

Resigned to my fate, I made my way downstairs thanking God my mum is at work. Although we told her we were having people over.

I open the door and sure enough the guys are there with Deji's hand suspended like he was about to knock again.

"When are you going to learn to knock like a proper Human being?" I said to him immediately grabbing the 2 boxes of pizza from his hands. They're more important.

"I learnt from you." He fired back. I just ignored him.

"Moyo is in his room. Don't disturb me."

"What about Ashley?" Chidi asked me pointing to her.

"What about her?" . I asked, looking my at him confused. "She's staying with you guys obviously. She didn't come here for me." I said to them making my way up.

Ashley didn't deny this fact so I know I'm right. They were smart enough to grab their own pizza so I'm not sharing mine.

Finally in my room, I locked my door releasing the breath I was holding. I deliberately ignored Dami. I don't know what he's thinking or planning but it's making me uncomfortable.

~~~

It was a few minutes before I heard a knock at the door again. Just then my phone rings, Nimi calling. Figured she's the one at the door.