Tell Me

If we have each other- Alec Benjamin

***
(A/N: An important part that needed to be added. This chapter happened before they started exams. This was also before the "Sibling Bond" chapter. Wattpad seemed to not follow my arrangement 😒, so here we are. If there's any confusion, please let me know and I'll explain.)

It was a day before exams. The twins got back from church an hour ago. They were currently in Moyo’s room. They were both nervous for the upcoming exams.
Moyo had more than his exams on his mind. He had been feeling guilty lately. This was the first time he had kept something away from his sister this long.

He hadn’t told her about his sexuality, neither had he told her about Austin and whatever it is they had going on.

He was desperately dying to tell someone. Not just anyone actually, just his sister. He always talked to her about anything.
This was the first time he was so nervous about telling her anything. He didn’t even know why he was nervous. He knew she was going to accept him.

She’ll still love him and her view of him won’t change in anyway.
She’ll probably make gay jokes and tease him about his crush on Austin. But that was it. She’ll still treat him normally.

So why exactly was he scared? He couldn’t answer that. He just was. He read it was normal to feel nervous about coming out, even though you know you were going to be accepted. The notion of LGBT+ related issues was still not generally accepted. So it definitely is okay to feel scared.
He had to tell her though. He knew was ready. The problem was how to start it. And knowing his sister, she already knew he had something to say to her.

Which was why she was still lying on the floor playing with his star wars figurines. He knew she probably wants to finish the book she was currently reading before they had to give up their phones tomorrow. It was what she usually did before exams.

“Sis?” He called out softly.
Moyin, who already knew he wanted to talk to her, turned to him. The figurines forgotten. She had been waiting for him to finally speak. She had limited time before she’ll have to give up her phone for studying. She observed he had been trying to talk to her for weeks now and it took all her willpower to not pester him about it. She knew he was going to come to her once he was ready. And finally he was.

“Finally!” She sighed, relieved. “I was about to burst from how much I was holding myself from asking questions. Tell me!” She scrambled up to his bed and sat beside him.

They were sitting horizontally on his bed. Backs on the wall.
Sensing he was nervous, she held his hand. “It’s okay. Take your time,” She patted his hands. “I promise, I’ll help you hide the body.”

Moyo chuckled, feeling better. This was his sister. The person who loved him the most in the world. Even if she wouldn’t admit it. He shouldn’t be scared to talk to her.

“I’m gay.” He said bluntly, his eyes closed. He was practically holding his breath.

“Okay. So what’s the issue here? Did someone insult you for being gay and you killed them?” Moyin asked him without missing a beat.

He quickly opened his eyes and looked at his sister like she grew a second head.

“WHAT?!”

“Ouch! My poor sensitive ears.” Moyin groaned, covering her ears. “What did my ears ever do to you?”

“Did you hear me at all?” He asked her.

“Yeah. I did.”

“What did you hear?” He was sure she didn’t hear him clearly. She was showing no reaction at all. At least none of what he expected.